Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Metal Slime
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever see or hear or try mounting a headlight to just one fork leg? I was thinking about mounting stacked mini projectors to one fork leg using 2 fork clamps.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
It could be done but wouldn't be as stable and would be less resistant to lateral movement. There a lot of guys here that use stacked projectors and mount them to both fork legs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Metal Slime
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking too. But the lights are so small that I don't think it'd look good mounted to both forkies.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
If the lights are small then they are light and won't catch much wind, which will help with stability issues. I don't see any reason it won't work if you use sturdy enough material.

I think you got a real good idea here. I'm not a big fan of a couple tiny headlights perched between a wide, beefy set of forks. Always looks out of proportion to me. But hidden against a fork leg like this sounds awesome. If you decide to do it post a follow up here. I'd love to see it.

G

·
Its been done a few times over her in the uk most use a bracket from where the brakeline splitter mounts across to the bottom of the lights to provide some lateral support but i have seen a small triangle brakcet welded to the top yoke & bolted to the top light doing the same job

The one i saw using the second method also had the speedo mounted off this triangle bracket & both lights were joined together making a tidy job

·
Metal Slime
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I think it would need some extra support now that I think about it more. A little head shake from a gnarly wheelie and it could get all Dennis Rodman. Then I'd have to straighten it out at the next stop light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts