Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im putting a gsxr headlight on my 954 and my buddy mike is thinking about a busa one
how hard is it to put a suzuki light onto a honda???
anybody ever done this before??

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Look at the wiring diagram and have at 'er. It should be a simple swap, mechanically speaking .

·
A New Breed
763 Posts
im putting a gsxr headlight on my 954 and my buddy mike is thinking about a busa one
how hard is it to put a suzuki light onto a honda???
anybody ever done this before??
Most likely your 954 has different style mating connectors than what's on the back of the gsxr headlight. The hardest part of any light swap is matching up the connectors from one brand to another. Easiest thing to do is order the OEM connectors from the manufacturer of the light and swap your bike's connectors with them. So essentially your 954 wiring harness will have gsxr headlight connectors on it. Easy money.

·
890 Posts
It's not hard - just matching the wires up like the others have said. Busa headlights are fuggin HUGE though - your buddy might want to re-think that one.

·
407 Posts
simple as pie. the busa headlight is kinda big.

i have an 06-07 gsxr 750 headlight, and an 03-04 gsxr1k headlight for sale.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
The wiring shouldn't be any different actually. They both use an H4 bulb. The connector will be plug and play. The Busa uses an H7 for the top bulb. Only 2 wires instead of 3 as used for the H4. H7 only needs a power and ground. Typicly they use this bulb as an accessory to the high beam. All you would have to do is tie in to the high beam wire and the ground wire.

The Honda wires up like this.

Green= ground. this is true for all Hondas and any solid dark green wire on the bike.

Blue= high beam

black= low beam.

I've done this swap on my 900RR with a GSXR1000 light a caouple years ago.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
YOU MUST SPREAD SOME REP AROUND BEFORE GIVING IT TO SCRAPYARD AGAIN

:D thx buddy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts