Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just to start out the thread, I would like to begin saying that this is an awesome website. I didnt even know what a "streetfighter" was until my brother came over and looked at my project bike. He continued to tell me that my bike was a streetfighter. So, with a little bit of time and searching on the internet I found this website, and the light from heaven shined down onto my monitor. But for the main reason that I am starting my thread is because I am not sure what kind of headlight to use, or what is legal. I figured with a little bit of help from my fellow riders, I might be able to get some help. So, just to let you know, I am trying to find possibly a dual beam or something like that or maybe even two lights. And, what is my best bet to do with my tac and my speedo? A little FYI, my bike is a 1988 suzuki katana 600. I appreciate you taking the time to read my thread, and I would appreciate it even more if you left me a reply. Thanks again and happy riding.

p.s. What is the exact definition of a "streetfighter" thanks

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
There is no definition of a fighter. That's just a can of worms.

As for the headlight, we need a bit more info befor we can really do allot of helpin. Maybe some pics so we can see what your aimin for.

And welcome to cf.com

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
In all the time ive wasted on internet forums ive never seen an open can of worms, thats great!

Welcome aboard. Where are you located and what are you going to use the bike for? If you look in catalogs anything listed as DOT should be legal for road use. Most of us arent too concerned with all that:) Does your bike have the stock front end on it still? Do you want lights that are fork mounted or will they be rigid with the frame?

As for what a fighter is, thats really an open question. Back in the day when a sport bike got in a fight with the street and lost, a street fighter was born. It was basically a sport bike that was naked. Now who knows. I like to think of my bike as a PC(performance custom ;)). just build what you like and dont worry about what it is.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Reactions: 929_adam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i am looking to do a fork mount but the only thing that i can really find on ebay is like huge things all i want is a little light and what is a good one? and i got the bike for cheap and just wanted to make something that i liked and the guy earlier was saying that flat black does not make it a street fighter and i am painting mine flat black because everyone told me not to so i just wanted to clear that up lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

here is a picture of the bike before i started on it the only thing missing is the plastic it is broken and looks gay so i got rid of it and here is the picture of the forks were i want to mount some kind of headlight and i also want to do something with my tach and speedo any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

here is the picture of the back fender that i want to get rid of also let me know what you think shot me some ideas thanks

·
1,573 Posts
You asked a couple questions that you will have to answer for yourself . But as far as tech, tools and tips you are at the best place on the web:cfrocks:

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
To get started, go to AutoZone or WallyMart and pickup some driving lights. If you aren't too proud you could get some conduit/pipe clamps at home depot for like $3.00USD. If you are in the UK substitue the store names for the equivalent. You'll have basic lighting for less than $30USD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweet does anyone have any ideas for the tach and the speedo. i just dont know what to do and how about lowering the front and raising the back? should i do both or just the front or just the back? and how hard is it to do? i would like to raise the back is it simple? thanks

·
1,573 Posts
sweet does anyone have any ideas for the tach and the speedo. i just dont know what to do and how about lowering the front and raising the back? should i do both or just the front or just the back? and how hard is it to do? i would like to raise the back is it simple? thanks
I sold my speedo and tach. I dunno about fuckin with the ride height but you could get the look it sound like you want with a kicked up tail.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,242 Posts
Hello,
And, what is my best bet to do with my tac and my speedo? A little FYI, my bike is a 1988 suzuki katana 600.

p.s. What is the exact definition of a "streetfighter" thanks
ok so whats the best way to post a picture on here?
well i am looking to do a fork mount but the only thing that i can really find on ebay is like huge things all i want is a little light and what is a good one? lol
i want to mount some kind of headlight and i also want to do something with my tach and speedo any ideas?
so what do i have to do for that? is it just a new mono shock or what?
I'm gonna have to write you a ticket for exaggerated use of the question mark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh...... sorry new to the whole thing and i have a lot of questions because i havent really talked to people that are into the same thing

1 - 20 of 33 Posts