Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with what to do with my wires and harness for my headlight that stick outside of the frame, i was going to run them over the radiator but there doesnt seem to be enough space, any advice would be nice!

·
Interestingly Interested
197 Posts
Im having trouble with what to do with my wires and harness for my headlight that stick outside of the frame, i was going to run them over the radiator but there doesnt seem to be enough space, any advice would be nice!
Check out my pics. I used black wire loom to cover the large cluster of wires and then divided the component wires and taped them up. When I replaced the headlight I secured the wiring harness to the two eyelets on the front of the frame (used to hold the factory speed-o/upper fairing stay) It's about as clean as a fully functional fuel injected street-fighter gets. You can clean it up by getting rid of your instrument cluster but I wasn't willing to do that. If you want to re-wire the entire front end you can remove your air injection pump from under the gas tank and you'll have plenty of room under there. I personally am using that space to house an alarm.

forgive the speed-o wiring. I haven't taken any pics since it's been put back together completely.BUT you get an idea as to how well it blends in. Sometime I think I'm the only one that notices it. I get a lot of comments on how clean it looks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that really helps, and the bike does actually look really good and clean, just curious did you run the wires over the radiator? because that was what i was hoping to do but was worried about not having enough room

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was going to do that, but how difficult is it to splice the wires and move it to the back? and myheadlight wires wont fit over the radiator so im not sure where to put it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts