Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light Automotive lighting Technology Headlamp Bumper
Auto part

Just scored two of these bad boys, and I'm planning on mounting them under my frame sliders on each side
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle Auto part
My frame sliders are about 6 inches long, no more lights on the front

Anyone care to comment, are these lights worth a shit??

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I dunno about the lights being worth a shit, but with them so far back, won't you have a big spot of no light straight ahead?

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Are they spot? or flood?
I used to sell some cheapo Chinese made lights alot at the Polaris dealership I worked at and they where excellent, they even held up against the Recon brand couldn't tell a difference in the beam. I think you'll have plenty of light either way but I'd they're spots you might totally blind people and attract cops

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are suppose to be a combo of spot and flood(offroad) lights, not sure exactly where they are from but I bought them from a US seller

Bring on the fuzz, I'm not to worried about the cops....what...they gonna give me shit for tryin to be safe and see where I'm going?.....they gotta catch me first:D

I just really hope they work good, I'm so sick of shitty lights and finally managed to save a couple bucks to score a new chain and some lights

Btw, anyone ever used the Volar chains? They any good? Cuz I bought one of those too:D

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe it does, it's for the GSXR, can't imagine them tryin to pass off a keeper style

They had a bunch of colored ones, but she ain't no show bike so I figured black will be fine

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll get some night pics as soon as I get em up and running

·
Registered
118 Posts
you will be very happy... my stolen FJ cruiser had 2k in LED lights on it. Two of which were lights about that size... They were my floods and produce about 50 times more light than what is on my POS bandit lol

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Badass!! I can't wait to start vaporizing small animals that cross my path:D

Reactions: Shmitterton

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep I was planning in running both at the same time, I'm hoping to make some daylight:)

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The lights showed up yesterday, I hooked em up to my spare battery and they seem pretty bright, haven't had a chance to check em at night but hopefully I can get em installed in the next couple days

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
They look like they are bright enough, but you are right about the position. They look a little strange. Could you fab a bracket and mount them below your headlight?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinkin of doing, I have a couple clamps from a GSXR 1000 already on my forks(the two black clamps) I was thinkin of mounting both up front side by side and using them as high and low beam

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts