Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
noobiekid
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
I have a 2001 GSF (bandit) 600s. I haven't done much to it besides raise the tail, full body work/paint, front end (lights, signals, gauges, fairing). exc. I removed the exhaust when I got it because of the wreck it was in, that is it as far as mechanics change. I can ride this bike all day long if I am nice to it. However, once I get on it - 0-60, 0-100, WOT exc, after it is hot, it will bog down and even die sometimes. I will pull over, give it a minute, start it and I am on my way. This is really irritating and even frightening out of fear for it's future. Please help!

·
noobiekid
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're running no or minimal exhaust. Has it been jetted to compensate for more air flow? Probably too lean, with a combination of floats being at stock height. You're starving it.

I have not changed the jets, no. That makes me wanna get another exaust for it. :/ so finicky these...

·
noobiekid
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF! now my bike is bogging and dying the second it gets warm!? Where did this come from!? I tried giving it back pressure and it didn't help.:jpshakehead.sml:

·
noobiekid
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I turned the petcock to prime and it seemed to run better. Fuel issue I know now. But how to fix it is where im stumped.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I had a bike that did that to me. Turned out it was vapor locking. Check to make sure your fuel lines are not getting a lot of heat on them.

Reactions: Streetfighterkz

·
Try Harder
1,846 Posts
Fuel hose routing is crucial on these bikes too. Is the fuel hose going in between the throttle cables, or up over the top of them? And is it hooked into the rubber strap? When routed correctly, it's a gradual slope, from petcock, to the 90 degree bend down to the carbs. If this is not that way, you will have issues.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Fuel hose routing is crucial on these bikes too. Is the fuel hose going in between the throttle cables, or up over the top of them? And is it hooked into the rubber strap? When routed correctly, it's a gradual slope, from petcock, to the 90 degree bend down to the carbs. If this is not that way, you will have issues.
pretty sure mine is NOT routed properly, FUCK! lol

going to look into this first thing tomorrow.

·
noobiekid
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright. These sound like very good pointers. I ran some sea foam - nothing. I filled up the tank to the brim and it ran fine again. So it is obviously along the lines of what you guys are saying. Something with the feed into the carbs and whatnot. I havent got any time to deal with it yet because of work and meetings. But when I get home tonight, Im gonna lay into it and check out everything you guys said. Thanks so much! Will let you know how it turns out.

·
noobiekid
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay. Looked at my fuel lines. They are where they are supposed to be. Not getring hot eather. Arggh
:\

·
noobiekid
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well. I re-removed my tray infront- ontop of my battery that holds small items under the seat... and it runs fine again... what??? I mean, it sits directly infront of the air box spout but still...

·
Fastman @teamlof.com
532 Posts
Well. I re-removed my tray infront- ontop of my battery that holds small items under the seat... and it runs fine again... what??? I mean, it sits directly infront of the air box spout but still...
Divine intervention; this is a Bandit right?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts