Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on dirt bars for my R1 and ordered some brake lines from an 08 FZ1.

My R1 has a 1 line from M.C. and then splits to 2 lines one to each caliper. THe FZ1 lines are two from the M.C one to each caliper. They look as if they are going to be a fairly tight fit and I'd prefer some slack.

If anyone has done a similar set up, the Bars I am using are Renthal RC high. I messaged a gentleman who did an 04 R1 build back in '09 but haven't heard back(I believe he also sold his R1). He Ordered the Stainless HEL lines form Moto-heaven.com but I'm unsure of how to order from that particular site. Maybe I can use the lines I've already got for the 08 FZ1?

Any input is appreciated.

FZ1 Lines on left, R1 lines are on right.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I measured from caliper to MC @ 37" (length to Dirt bar not stock clip ons) probably around 32" to stock clip on. The lines I received appear to route from the MC to each caliper they did come with double banjo bolt just dont want to install if im going to be an inch shy of what i need lol

Thinking I may be able to run the 2 line alternative if not I've read the 2 line over fender is not a favorite but they show it can be done

http://www.spieglerusa.com/brakes/cycle-brake-line-kits.html

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish that'd work, I'm looking at atleast 35" I believe I added a couple inches for adjustment of the new bars. I'll pull the old lines and see if the 08FZ1 lines will be long enough once the MC in on the new bar

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
I have a set of Superbike bend bars on risers 1" above the triples using an FZ1 master, FZ1 ss braided lines and going to R1 Gold Dots (non-radial) on a set of 2000 R6 forks.

I can measure the length of these lines if you would like me to, they are Goodridge brand for an 01-05 FZ1.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tore it all down tonight, removed everything that could be in the way and ran the front brake lines I bought for an 08 fz1 from the MC to each caliper and though there wasn't a ton of slack, they fit. After bolting them up I raised the forks a half inch up through the top triple tree and the lines look more relaxed.

(Galfer SS lines) from revzilla. Not the best deal (90$) but I'm satisfied with the fit.
Moto-heaven Has brake lines but I'm too slow to understand measurements and ordering of the HEL lines xD

Thank you all for the help,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts