Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a custom length front SS brake line for my 2001 gsx-r600 and I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to that business.

I ordered the line monday afternoon, they made it that evening, shipped it the next day and I received it wednesday. The part is quality, including a double banjo bolt, single, and 5 copper washers.

It is 49.00 shipped per line, regardless of stock or custom length.

Even the packaging is great, you know all that wal-mart electronics that you have to cut the plastic open to get to it, its like that except it opens.

I just had a really good experience with this company.

Nate

·
407 Posts
similar price on galfers for custom lines, I've put them on more bikes than I can count. good stuff.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
I'm looking at HEL for ordering new front lines for the CBR. My current setup has 1 main line from the reservoir, a T-junction with a rigid crossover above the fender, and then 2 shorter lines down to the calipers.

Does that mean I have to order 3 separate lines? or can I just replace the long one that goes to the reservoir? Does HEL include a t-junction and replace the rigid line with a braided stainless, or do I have to reuse the existing crossover?

Ammadien, you said you ordered just the one line for the front? How are your brakes set up? I can't see any way around replacing everything and paying 3 times as much for mine.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Good call, sev. Gotta go back and measure lengths for both lines now.

So just to reiterate, I need 2 lines with caliper fittings on one end, and a double banjo fitting on the other, the double banjo itself, and all the washers and stuff that go with it? I will have to contact them for a special order. Cheers!

·
Wannabe
1,502 Posts
Nope, you need two full length lines with standard fittings on both ends. A double banjo bolt, and 8 crush washers. 4 for where they attach to calipers then at the top where it attaches to the master cylinder you want to go along the length of the bolt like this:

bolthead|washer|brakeline|washer|washer|brakeline|washer|mastercylinder

Make sure to get a little extra length just in case you didn't measure quite right.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
You have a link where you ordered from?

These are SS lines, right?

I also have a 2001 Gix project and I am gonna need brake lines sooner or later. :D

·
Frosty Rider
384 Posts
I wish i'd asked....I just bought 3 lines and all the fittings to replace the factory lines. It works, but two lines and no 3-way woulda been cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts