Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My cousin received this bike as a donation. The owner broke down due to fuel leak and it pretty much has been sitting there for a while (under a year I believe), so why let a bike go to waste? Asked him if we could take it off his hands :rock:. Pretty clean bike (heavy as shit though), as far as we know it has a carb issue so we will go through the system. The chain is completely rusted from sitting outside, so the bike does need some TLC. We will be turning this into a street bike with a street fighter/cafe look. I have been looking for shops and vendors that carry solo tails and other parts, but haven't had much luck finding anything in the US. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

I currently ride an 07 Triumph Daytona 675, and my cousin just purchased an 07 GSXR-600. Just looking to build a fun street bike and hopefully will learn a lot on the forums. I am starting to like naked bikes more and more.

This is what it looks like (not as clean) was snowing pretty hard when we transported it, will get real pics soon.

My current running bike 07 Triumph Daytona 675

and my first track day this year

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bandits are a great platform

Welcome in

Post up some pics soon
Thanks, I have already started reading through your build! This chopping of the rear subframe for a different tail section intrigues me. A question I saw posted was how do you keep the tank secure? I haven't really dug into it yet, but that is the route I will likely go. Are there any slick tails that are bolt on from other models?

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Disrupter!! Great intro & pics, so you have REPPED! (That's reputation points & they give you green knucks on your avi!)

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Thanks, I have already started reading through your build! This chopping of the rear subframe for a different tail section intrigues me. A question I saw posted was how do you keep the tank secure? I haven't really dug into it yet, but that is the route I will likely go. Are there any slick tails that are bolt on from other models?
there are 4 mounting points on the back of the bandit tank one on each side and two in the middle. I cut the two on the side off and bent the two in the middle up then welded a big piece of flat steel across for it to bolt onto. It also kept the frame from twisting.

the monster seat or seat is a nice move but it's beem done..........a lot. take a look around man there aretons of slick bicks in the bandit specific pic section

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are awesome! Since I have a daytona and love how it hurts my lower back I may use the same rear subframe on this bike. Especially since I already have tail lights too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts