Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! My first post here, have spent some time reading on this forum, the work & the community is brilliant.

The Blackird's been with me since a decade, 60000 ks on it, many highway miles put together with Rein (wife).

We are 4 in all, a little 14 month old fighter boy 'Aveer' & 6 year old Beagle - 'Maximus'.

The Bird's been a dear part of us. Just finished a year long tune up on my 91 MR2 under the shed, so decided to face lift the Bird about a fortnight ago ... & found you all.

I'm a banker by day (its shite) & piston head by heart.

I'm in Gurgaon, India, 30km from the Capital region. If u chance upon this side of the world, u let me know, we love hosting!

Look forward to sharing & knowing u ALL!

Last month

Over the weekend...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx Mike, no power mods, always enjoyed the bike's refined power delivery & respect it. Priority is to establish desired structure & stance, subsequently follow up with cosmetics... grind, sand, buff, paint polish etc. etc.

Broadly -

- To achieve adjustable single rider stance & height to suit different riding moods from track to touring. (The options & thoughts around the seat are driving me nuts, I'll share a blue print of what's in my head)

- Will also certainly create two separate frames, single (adjustable for angle & rider height) & dual seating. Will try to ensure easy bolt on & off, don't wanna be caught pondering when wife's in the mood to get on with it :LolLolLolLol:

- Relocating bars, oil cooler, coolant tank, electricals and hundred other bits that make the bigger difference.

- New compartment meter, the stock's too big and bulky with the nose off. Fresh eye/ eyes for the Bird. Lights all around are out, yet to figure how many lenses I wanna have back in. The new tail light merger with the seat will be a critical one.

- Fresh exhaust, currently have a 4X1 Yosh. So far I figured the bend pipes stay, too many thoughts to close in on but I'm tilting towards a single conical exhaust tucked under ( the mid section of the system goes) or a smaller cylindrical one at the same angle as the existing system (here the mid section stays). Both looks are so different & as good as the other, I might just end up creating two... Mike, with age I'm beginning to understand no two days are the same :)

- Gotta ensure all lines & parts around the bare bike complement each other...u know what I mean. Success is hidden in the smaller details & this is where I sense real hard work, workmanship & creativity will matter.

- Will consider SSSA & inverted forks, last on priority.

- I'm worse at sketching than knitting but have put together some thoughts on paper, will share once home.

- Inputs from this forum will be a critical component of the project :)

Will throw in some pics of the MR2 in a bit. Just finished installing a '97 LSD tranny, the old one was open differential & had to go. (Those trannys were heavy, I did grow bigger balls & pride by getting the trannys on & off without help, without episode, all fingers & limbs intact...with ratchet straps & power jacks. Sometimes its simpler when you're all the help you got :) )
Mike I'm "Trak Turtle" on the MR2oc.com & MR2.com forums. If u ever visit there, let me know. Some work on the car over time is saved on those fine forums.

Cheers & thx :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2& the Bird

The red seats are gone now, they're in flat black fat ass leather :)

Recent car PC project, turned out well... Maximus giving his inputs :)

Not too long ago at the Buddh International Circuit, was with open differential then... but I realised i was a poor driver wrt harnessing the car's true ability given its mid engined character. With a track driver to harness it, the car can be a joy on the circuit. Gives me a headache getting all 4 wheels right... the thing about bikes is simpler, going into a corner there's either right or wrong, there's nothing in between ;)

The car is now about 2 inches lower.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow Monohue, looked around for more on you turns out we're both new brand. :excellent: so help me place you.

& hey, all the best with your Sabre mate once u decide to get going, will b glad to share thoughts :)

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Vikrant! Great intro & love the bike, the car AND the dog! ;)

Reactions: Vikrant Singh

·
Deano
78 Posts
I click on this thread with disappointment in my heart. Almost positive that you were just taking a picture with your sister-wife or some shit when you said "bird"

much to my excitement its a fuckin' blackbird, motherfucker! :rock:

Reactions: gsf1200R

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I click on this thread with disappointment in my heart. Almost positive that you were just taking a picture with your sister-wife or some shit when you said "bird"

much to my excitement its a fuckin' blackbird, motherfucker! :rock:
Rofl Schiavelo... now that its here I better make it worth the while, its an uphill thing to get it to look better than it was... as long as I don't wish it was the ladies I'd clicked once I'm done. :D

Thx Oldrider, you're a heartening lot.

Monahue... its a fkn delight to have u here on the same day, its a sign of good things to come, a great sign :party-smiley:

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Well that bike is a MUCH better starting point than I had! Welcome

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thx venturesomerite.
The bike's actually in great shape, just dirty standing out for a month. I've got new like plastics & body off. The engine still feels the same as the first time... its been cared for.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
welcome in.

Reactions: Vikrant Singh

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF

Start a build thread in the member projects section.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts