Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Ron people call me DrBrain or Doc had this nickname since I was 13 because of the things I would make computers do and that's all I say on that :D

I have rode dirtbikes since 15 and just recently bought my first street bike blew the engine in my truck and was pretty much broke but needed to get to work so I found a 1993 Suzuki gsx600f they wanted $1600 it ran real nice but lots of fairing damage I ended up getting it for $1000 I know I could have found something else but I really needed to get to work so I bought it :party-smiley:

After getting home the next morning I was looking it over took the side fairings off and found more damage looks like they crashed it, clutch cover had jb weld covering a crack the forks were bent a little the tail end was twisted a little... So I went to Google to find parts and thats when I found out about Street Fighters so many awesome ones out there so I started my first project :rock: & now for some pics.

Before how it look at the place I bought it from:

Sorry I can't find the pics during the build I will post when I find them if I do find them

After 2 Months:
New Mirrors with turn signals, added flush mounted rear turn signals took off all damaged side covers got a new smoked wind screen and of course paint ordered a used clutch cover off Ebay not installed at this time was installed a week after:

Second Build was because I was riding home from work and got caught in a violent storm had no place to hide so I rode through.. just as the storm was clearing a car pulled out in front of me running me off the road and in a side ditch full of water and mud damage was broken off wind screen and mirrors, scrapes along one side from sliding for awhile.. so heres the second build pics.. No build pics this time I was just trying to get it back together so I can get to work

Now I want to really get into making it a Custom Fighter so i'm glad I found this place and hope to learn a lot.

Thanks for letting me tell my story :letsride:

·
Where's the keg at?
145 Posts
Welcome to the party.

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Welcome in!
I'd clear up that front end and replace the headlight,
but that's just meh.

Andrew

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
GOOD SHIT. KEEP IT UP

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
You did put new forks on it at some point right. They still look a little bent after the first rebuild. And please please please do something about that light, BUT DO NOT BUY A GOD DAMN ACREBIS OR WE WONT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY. Welcome to CF.

Reactions: DecepticonDon

·
Doesn't know shit
552 Posts
Welcome in bro, like those mirrors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You did put new forks on it at some point right. They still look a little bent after the first rebuild. And please please please do something about that light, BUT DO NOT BUY A GOD DAMN ACREBIS OR WE WONT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY. Welcome to CF.
Yes replaced them not to long after and the light is being removed just ordered a digital speedo and some new mirrors.

Funny you mentioned the Damn Acrebis one of my 4 wheeling friends gave me one about 6 months ago i just laughed and said no way i'm using that.

I'm looking into some 2" or 3" projection lights maybe do something with 4 of them I haven't really thought much about what to do yet I just know I will be removing that light.

I'm open for suggestions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome :party-smiley:

Anyone have an idea what I can do with the exhaust / muffler?
I would like to shorting it or some how tuck it underneath but i also don't want it too loud
I leave the house for work at 5am don't need to piss off neighbors LOL

Ok I'll piss of neighbors if I have to

·
4,400 Posts
Welcome to Custom Fighters

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.