Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey - ive finally got my post privelives figured! lookin foreward to meeting yall.
im fighterin my cbr f4- i already built some carbon fiber bits (solo seat, belly almost)
and its got an acerbis light that i want to change out for two cans stacked vert.
my first main question here is about the tail-
I want to list her up a bit - steepen the overall geometry and get that high tail style(within reason) but i dont want to sacrifice the smooth rear suspention. i could just crank up the pre on the shock right? but im not very heave and i want to keep it balanced w. the front springs.
also im gonna drop my fork clamps a bit - will this raise the tail in any noticable way?
i know ive seen people flip the swingarm too - any options there on a cbr f4?
id love to hear what yall think-
thanks a lot.
-Leo:rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
what if you put extensions on the lower rails of your subframe ???

;)

i wouldnt fuck with the rear shock or dropping the front end.

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
Yeah my vote is for extending the lower subframe arms. That's what I'll be doing with the NSR later on. Piss easy & piss cheap..... and welcome too dude...

·
i bang this V V
2,611 Posts
what if you put extensions on the lower rails of your subframe ???

;)

i wouldnt fuck with the rear shock or dropping the front end.
my buddy has a F4I and his subrfame is the same as my VTR. thats all i did to raise the tail. not a real good idea if you ride doubles alot rams your nuts into the tank.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
my buddy has a F4I and his subrfame is the same as my VTR. thats all i did to raise the tail. not a real good idea if you ride doubles alot rams your nuts into the tank.

Fookin hell Matt :confused:

·
826 Posts
People flip their swingarms upside down?? The other option closer to what you're thinking, is to get some new links for your suspension. Typically people do that when they want to lower a bike, but it's the same principle for raising it, and then you don't have to mess with any of the actually suspension adjustments. That'll also mess with your steering to a point too though, as would lowering the front.

My vote is for lifting the subframe.

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good lookin out all.
i just reread this my first post and wonder wut the f i wus thinkin- a month of looking at yalls bikes and reading on this site has helped me so much i wudna asked these questions-
thanks for goin easy at first..haha.
the subframe mod is fersure the answer here and now im actually tryna make a sort of adapter plate set to mount a (shortened) ner cbrrr sub( the cool robo-tek lookin cast alum piece) instead of the borin old squar tube sub... ill post fliks of how it goes disaster or not..

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Raising the tail looks good, but I wouldn't do it because I value my nuts.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People flip their swingarms upside down?? The other option closer to what you're thinking, is to get some new links for your suspension. Typically people do that when they want to lower a bike, but it's the same principle for raising it, and then you don't have to mess with any of the actually suspension adjustments. That'll also mess with your steering to a point too though, as would lowering the front.

this was the kind of thing i was talkin aboot. wuts up w this swinger??

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts