Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all... I am building a custom bike, of course...Is it a "street fighter"? I don't know but it will be a bit more aggressive than the intended use. It's winter here and I like to keep busy. The bike is a GL1000 Goldwing (78). I will post a sloppy photo shop of about how I want this to go together. Of course because of the driveshaft and the mono shock I want I'm hitting a stonewall of techno info which makes about as much sense to me as the very last math course I had to take to get my degree...(I beat the instructor in chess and he passed me) I was doing some research that lead me here. So out of the blocks would anybody know of somebody or somewhere that this can be figured out? I feel I have to leave this to somebody who knows this subject. I have acquired a 2010 new ZX14 front end,complete, and am determined to do this right as I don't want to end up with a twisty frame and my ass on the road. I'll post the pics and hope for some suggestions. I have looked at the talent and insight here so what do ya think?

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in-
looking like ya gonna need a chain drive conversion to accommodate that SSSA .Not a simple project but fer sure a dam fine idea.Front end shoud only pose a couple of wee minor issues .GL and def start a build thred .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will start build thread once I feel comfortable with the navigation of this site .Have already swapped the tipples and I'll post a pic. I'm not swapping out to a chain ride. The bike is mocked up at a friends machine shop ( a complete manufacturing shop, CNC's and engineers!) trying to pick some brains there... am researching the mono shock idea with all that crazy geometry with zero math skills. Have been checking out some posts on that subject. I was told by a tech at Progressive Shocks that there are calculations out on the web, dimensions, force angles.... I'll post what I find.

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
were are you in Mass? Im up in NH we gotta few good blokes around this area .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts