Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Impulse Buyer
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatsup guys, my name's Lucas, I'm 19 years old, from Essex, UK (and for those wondering, I'm not orange). Only came across this site earlier today, but everything looks great and seems to be an extremely friendly and welcoming environment!
So, on to bikes and my story (it's pretty long, just skip to the end if you want). I've been on bikes since I was 12, when I got a 110 pitbike for my birthday. When I was 16, I got a Chinese 50cc moped (Oh the joys of 28mph 4 strokes). When I turned 17, I bought a 125cc Chinese supermoto (did I not learn that Chinese bikes are bad?). That lasted over a year, although it kept breaking and parts weren't available (despite the owners assertions they were) so I had to get them custom built. I finally decided September last year to go and get new bike when my grandmother gave me some money because mine kept breaking and it was buggering with college. Managed to find a Yamaha xt125r (dirt bike), 2007 reg, only 5k miles on the clock, and was solely owned by a middle aged guy who had used it for a bit of practice for his main test, not a single scratch on it! Got a good deal, only £1350. Fast forwards 10 days, riding back from buying some new boots (mine were extremely crap, but I only paid £30 for them new), when some fucknut decided to just drive in to me! I wasn't turning, he wasn't pulling out, he was pulling into a road on my left side, and instead of turning properly, or waiting, or looking, he just cut across straight into my front-right side.

Luckily, it was a 20mph limit road, but this didn't stop the bike (and the car) from being written off. I got off extremely luckily, sprained both wrists, both ankles, both knees, bruised tailbone, whiplash, a few scars, and loss of feeling in parts of my right shin. Considering I almost hit a lamppost, and the amount of damage to the car and bike, I was lucky.

So, fast forwards to now, and I will FINALLY be getting my insurance settlement in a few weeks time. Looking around at bikes, I've always liked streetfighters, they are (at least to me) so much more diverse than other types of bikes and there are so many different ways to modify them. Being in the UK, and having a bhp limit (it is quite literally the definition of "stupidity"), I've decided to go with a bandit and restrict it. I know Bandits are one of the most common streetfighters, but I plan on trying to be as imaginative and original as possible when it comes to modifying, I've seen some extremely nice builds on here. I know how to weld (passably), I can fibreglass (a bit), have no problems ripping into things, and, only doing uni one day a week, and having waited to get transport before I get a job, I have plenty of time to work on the bike. So, updates to come, any more questions, go ahead and ask away!
(Saw something that said about needing to upload pics of my bike, obviously I don't have one yet, but here's my old one)
Land vehicle Tire Spoke Automotive tire Vehicle
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Headlamp Automotive exterior

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
do you speak funny? like saying "wawah" instead of "water"? :D I kid I kid I've got a few mates from essex.

glad to hear you made it out ok! hopefully it taught that bastard cage driver a lesson. looking forward to seeing what you pick up.

·
Impulse Buyer
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard! Glad you made it out ok, that looks like it was a hard hit.
:skully:
Aha yeah, engine is all gouged up and pushed back in the frame :s Oh well, accidents happen, especially where bikes are involved with people who drive like idiots :/

·
Impulse Buyer
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you speak funny? like saying "wawah" instead of "water"? :D I kid I kid I've got a few mates from essex.

glad to hear you made it out ok! hopefully it taught that bastard cage driver a lesson. looking forward to seeing what you pick up.
I think the other guy was more shaken than me to be honest, his front airbags went off and he was shaking pretty bad, I kept having to ask if he was okay!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in mate ,I hadda good frend back over in blighty last nameof Saville

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts