Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
~Quick Learner~
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 R6S Build in Central La! W/ PICS!!!

Guessing so because there are no others that signed the map (Dark6S is me also, the email i used for that username screwed up and i never got my activation email) Anyways the name is seth and i live in central louisiana and i ride an 06 r6s in the works of becoming a worth while fighter.. i have ordered $1800 worth of parts and am just playing the waiting game now, the list of incoming mods are as follows:
-Full Cage
-Level One Black Satin Exhaust
-PC III USB
-EBC Rear Rotor
-Acerbis Cyclops Front Assembly
-45 tooth Thrust sprocket
-Gold RK XSO 520 Chain
-Front and rear stands w/ spools
-Dark Angel BLuetooth Helmet
-Joe Rocket Sport Touring Gloves
-Alpine Star Sport Touring Jacket
-Last thing is a fresh coat of gloss black paint when it's all assembled..
Anyways here's pics of where it now stands, popped some 20 dollar fogs on there for the time being and got exhaust tech to weld a fart can for a car on there until my level one comes in.. (just got the bike back from a wreck so pipe and front fairings were no good!)
Bracket For Speedo was a 6 dollar plate of steel, insurance gave me 2500 after wreck and I've only spent $1900 to get it where it is, and plus i got all new gear so who beat the insurance! i did!!!! Before and After Pics GoOoOo!!

·
being normal is to easy
779 Posts
welcome bro and sweet deal with the ins. maybe look around and find a motorcycle pipe on that thing, the car exhaust doesnt do it for me......but thats just my opinion. bike looks kool though.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome, post pics of your progress.

·
~Quick Learner~
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome bro and sweet deal with the ins. maybe look around and find a motorcycle pipe on that thing, the car exhaust doesnt do it for me......but thats just my opinion. bike looks kool though.
i kinda like the huge gaping exhaust but yea.. its only a temp.. my delkevic got crushed like a coke can and the car muff. just has to quiet it down for a couple weeks until the level one comes in.. lol no worries mate!!

·
~Quick Learner~
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, post pics of your progress.
definately will! already got the gloves and the sprocket but there might be a snag in progresss cause the chain i ordered was 104 links when i thought i ordered 114, blah! return and reship might take a while but i can still get everything else on and do drivetrain last i guess.. i got a free pre-defined map for the level one exhaust, how hard is it to put a map on the power commander if is already saved on my Computer? i thinks thats the only snag i may come across..

·
~Quick Learner~
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
btw trying to fab as many parts myself as i can.. to try and make it more custom, i have fabbed up the speedo bracket outta steel and the fender eliminator outta alum.. thinking about doing the stock rear foot peg mod making it into a solo hangar.. maybe a custom mini fairing to go over the dual headlights.. i ordered the acerbis but i kinda like the duals.. does rain in the open intake holes affect performance? if so i might have to make some cowls to go over the holes to deflect the majority of the water..

·
~Quick Learner~
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice bike!!!! welcome to wonderland.
that whole "v-twin" fan club deal! i'm in that boat too my friend.. i wanted a gladius but i gotta have my i4, i cant live without the sound! lol Nice Bike!

·
wtf?
1,188 Posts
definately will! already got the gloves and the sprocket but there might be a snag in progresss cause the chain i ordered was 104 links when i thought i ordered 114, blah! return and reship might take a while but i can still get everything else on and do drivetrain last i guess.. i got a free pre-defined map for the level one exhaust, how hard is it to put a map on the power commander if is already saved on my Computer? i thinks thats the only snag i may come across..
it takes 30 seconds to swap maps if you have a laptop.

nice bike, i like where its going:rock:

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
wotcher mate ,If Im ever in Loueasiana a will listen ta see where yew are .

·
~Quick Learner~
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PC III BABY!!!! got my power commander, rear rotor, pads, and my front and rear stands (not pictured) today! uploaded my map for the level one exhaust and when the exhaust comes in, ima be rarin' to go!! Drool if you want, i've got paper towels if you need them?

·
being normal is to easy
779 Posts
ohh bro i didnt mean anything by not liking the exhaust can............i figured thats why its on there, moto cans arent cheap. props to you for doing what you can. how does it sound by the way?????

·
ingamaneer
1,466 Posts
ohh bro i didnt mean anything by not liking the exhaust can............i figured thats why its on there, moto cans arent cheap. props to you for doing what you can. how does it sound by the way?????
Im curious on how the sound is too.

I just picked up what looks to be the exact same can, I was gunna do something funky with it to get by on...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.