Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Glad to have found this resource.

I've always loved the street fighter idea and while i'm not a keen fan of the massively tilted rear-ends on some I do love a well done stripped down sport bike.

I ride a 1997 GSXR600. Over the next winter season I'm planning tearing it down and creating a clean, albeit mildly modified street fighter.

So far, my major areas of research are:

-Finding risers that I can use with the stock triple
-Research speedo options for a digital gauge that will hook up to my analog(?) system
-Decide how to tackle the subframe and tail.
-Design and build an undertail exhaust.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this site.

Mandatory pic of the bike in its current setting:

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in mate ,thatsa real clean one fer tha year fer sure .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome in mate ,thatsa real clean one fer tha year fer sure .
Thanks. I try to keep her as clean as possible. It has been dropped (not by me) before I bought it. So I replaced one fairing tore the body off of it, sanded it down and shot it in Dupont Hot Rod Matte Black. However, the finish didn't hold up well. I've learned how difficult matte (it's called matte but it's more like satin) finish is to maintain.

It currently has the rear fender eliminated and I added a Honda 952 integrated tail light to clean up the rear end.

My vision is a new subframe that is shorter and slightly angled higher, undermount exhaust if possible and hopefully retaining the current tail light if possible.

Overall, I'm liking the idea of a Matte white/black w/ gold accent as a final colour scheme, but we'll see.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Welcome aboard. It sounds like you already have a vision of what you want which is steps ahead of most folks.

You should be able to use just about any riser and drill holes in your triple clamp.
I can't helpl with the analog to digital thingie
I agree, a new tail and subframe are in order.
An undertail exhaust sounds sweet.

Keep us updated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts