Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's nice to see a few familiar "faces" from svrider.com.

with my future plans for my 2006 sv650, i see this site being veritable smörgåsbord of information.

this is what my bike looks like now

actually, it looks like i can't add pics till AFTER my first post

my current plan is to put an undertail exhaust from a recent CBR RR, which i bought for $35. Because of tire issues with tire clearance and because i want to still use the sweet rear lights of the 2nd gen SVs, this will involve cutting the subframe and adapting my current tail piece (which will involve cutting and possible fiberglass fabrication).

So i concluded it's somewhat difficult to work on my daily rider. this undertaking would sideline the bike for a little while. i'll figure that as i go along.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and this is what my bike looks like right now.

as you can see, i have the ever popular acerbis headlights. i have concluded that the reason why everyone seems to have them is that they are the only cool looking and affordable aftermarket headlight. those crazy ones from wild hair and the such are way too much. it's quite unfortunate that the light output is so horrid, so i added fog lights down by the fender. it helps light up the road and helps ppl see me as well.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE SFII

Looks like youre off to a great start. mbe do a little painting soon??

i agree about the acerbis, another reason its so loved is how easy it is to get them on there.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome dude, good to see you over here. :cfcartman:

btw everybody else, he rode this bike cross country this spring. Stayed at my place along the way actually. Gotta say I still think its impressive going coast to coast and back on a naked 650.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Hm. Black bellypan, and paint everything that's red now the same color as the motor.

Hm...

Anyway, welcome to the site :haelo:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcome to the site !! :knucks::cfrocks:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
btw everybody else, he rode this bike cross country this spring. Stayed at my place along the way actually. Gotta say I still think its impressive going coast to coast and back on a naked 650.

^^ +1 ^^
Any links to pics of your cross country ride, there fighter II :letsride:

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=84623.0

Too bad that while he was here we were in the middle of a cold and wet week.
thanks for linking that for me. with the problems with the search function, i was a bit worried it may take me a while.

haelo: thanks, i just cut the number plate into a set of horns to kinda cover up all the loose wires.

as far as painting plans, i plan to paint it mostly white with splashes of red. or maybe all white. i'm not sure yet.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
cant wait to see how it turns out.

great thread about ur ride. haha. love the music lists. :rock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts