Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Wizard
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, been here a couple times and a member at Gixxer.com told me to come on over and post some images of my bike and say hi. I don't think they like fighters over at the Gixxer forum.

Just finished painting her this last weekend.
Still have the 7" round headlight to install, lower custom faring and figure out my bar risers for dirt bars.

The bike is a 1996 GSXR 750, modified track sub frame, SV Racing rear sets, short Yoshi can (I didn't cut it myself, If I did I would have made sure the badge was not off to the side).

Let me know what you think...

Also, any ideas for installing bar clamps on my top triple would be great.

·
The Wizard
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, they didn't ask when I was going to put it back together. lol I have a hunch that they may still. I don't know what it is about the stock older SRAD fat rear but I feel that a fat ass only belongs on a Busa. It is just me?

I am planing on completing the paint scheme I posted above this week, just haven't figured out what medium to do it in. I have several choices.
I have a buddy who does professional pin striping, I also do vehicle wraps as one of my jobs so was thinking vinyl, or paint them, but there is the tedious job of masking all those little lines and painting it, but either way I do it ill end up with a raised line as I want to keep it flat black so no clearing it.
Since winter will be here in a couple months maybe ill just use some pin striping tape/vinyl for now to see how it looks and do a proper job this winter. My plan is to tig in all the gaps in the aluminium and paint the frame and wing arm gloss grey. I want a clean look, kinda like this image...

And if you are wondering, I will be using the same colour vinyl to cover the access/service holes in the frame.
Really? I wouldn't weld over them, I may be Canadian but I'm not dumb. :nuts:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts