Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello every one i live in Maine and just got my licence. I have wanted a bike for a long time and now i am well on my way. I don,t have a bike yet and i was going to build a supermoto but i am not tall enough to ride one comfortably... well with the cash i was going to dump into one i can start my first street bike.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
im thinking of getting a sv650 for my first bike... keep it stock for maybe a couple months if i can
My 14 year old brother rides my motard no problem. He's like 5 foot 5 with 26 inch inseam. Nobody is too short for any bike, but that's my opinion

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was just reading one of your threads lol. well its about price too. i would be looking close to $4500 for converting a crf450x over motard and i can pick up a sv for $3000 and under i know i fit pretty consistently in my area. i could buy a 230 already done up for $3000 but im 5'10 220 with a 30'' inseam.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcom in matey ,werebouts in ME are ya? Im in NH if yer close enuff pop over and have a brewski with me and tha family sometime ;)

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
The SV is a great starter bike in my opinion. You still need to be careful as it has enough power to get in trouble but not like the 600 super sports and it's something that you can grow into and still be happy with the power. I've seen some bad ass bikes built with SVs. Good luck and stay safe. Respect the acceleration of a motorcycle and how quickly things happen on them and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the heads up and i want go balls out from the gate lol. ya i plan on having this bike for awhile before making a move up to a speed triple or cb1000r realm..

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
thanks for the heads up and i want go balls out from the gate lol. ya i plan on having this bike for awhile before making a move up to a speed triple or cb1000r realm..
hehe I'm not saying that. Just make sure the road is clear all the way ahead before you do. :rock: ....Both of those are totally bitchin bikes and I would love to have either one. I do love a good Speed Triple. Especially the R model. Love the CB1000R too but those wheels gotta goooo. Lucky this company makes a sick ass pair of radial tire, spoked wheels for the CB1000R that would look great on one.
http://www.europemotoparts.com/?shop=kineo

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is killing me! this guy has the bike i want with some of the work done to it already and he keeps dropping the price but it is just out of reach!! grrrr

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he said he has too sell it because he needs the money but i dont want to insult the guy... :hairpull:

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
he said he has too sell it because he needs the money but i dont want to insult the guy... :hairpull:
Insult the shit out of him. And see how low he'll go. It's also the same method I use on bitches

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
already asked what his rock bottom is.. i will make him a offer. what is the worst he can say.. no lol. the thing i dont like about it is its a 99 and i was hoping for a +03 but for the right price that will go away fast.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
already asked what his rock bottom is.. i will make him a offer. what is the worst he can say.. no lol. the thing i dont like about it is its a 99 and i was hoping for a +03 but for the right price that will go away fast.
Is it an r1? Just guessing.

What's the bike? And how much did he want, mods, etc?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its a 99 sv650.

1999 Suzuki SV 27k miles, red naked v-twin, blacked out forks and wheels, delkelvic stainless slip on, handle bar upgrade, adjustable levers, bar end mirrors, 636 adjustable shock upgrade, sonic fork springs, new michelin pure race tires, new chain and sprockets, fender eliminator, frame sliders, k+n filter/air box mod and rejetted. other upgrades and all stock parts come with bike.

he wont take any less then $2000 for it. i like 03's alot more but for the right price i could look past that.. i can get 03 + for under $3000 pretty easy up here but i dont have that kind of cash right now..

·
Master of Vril
264 Posts
Not tooo bad. That's kinda high miles for a V twin but sounds like it's got a fair amount of mods. I like the more shapely lines of the older models but the newer SVs have fuel injection and that's a biiiiig plus. I might hold out for an '03 just for that one reasons. But if money is tight then go wave $1800 in his face and watch him take it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok here is what i have in my head..
i found this bike while looking a sv650 streetfighters and had to cover my lap with a pillow!

i like most of it but are things i would do different

so these are the things i like the look of and build the bike i want in my head

:headlight

:front blinkers

:handlebars

:controls

:grips (r6 throttle tube)

:mirrors

:bar ends

:guage

:gas cap

:rearset

:tail fairing

:integrated tail light and blinker / fender eliminator

:race mount exhaust

:belly pan

:paint color 1 (frame, swing arm, handle bars, gas cap, odds and ends on the engine, and rims)

:paint color 2 (engine, trans, tank, front fender, exhaust, and what else i find that needs to be dark)

It makes scene in my mind.. please let me know what you guys thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts