Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BigAL
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, my name is Alex, I come from Augusta, Maine. So I just bought myself a 1992 Yamaha fzr600 MAD MAX STYLE YO! You'll see what I'm talking about when you see the pictures (headlight *cough* fairing *cough*) :fu:

Picked this bike up for $800, came with a complete spare parts bike as well. Same year and everything. The bike currently has the motor from the parts bike in it now, as the stock motor was just completely rebuilt. Bike has been sitting in this guys barn since 2009. Bike came with 2 of everything, and 4 sets of spare wheels and tires. The bike ran when it was parked but hasn't been started since then.

So, to get this thing running again it needs:

carbs removed and cleaned
tank drained and fresh gas
new battery
oil and filter change
spark plugs
coolant flush and fill
bleed brakes

NOW, that is just to get the bike running. Next comes the fun stuff. These are just my plans of what I would like to buy/add to the bike-

DELETE THE SHIT OUT OF that front headlight fairing
Pro-Taper handlebars
digital speedo
dual LED lightbars for high and low beam
updated rear swingarm for fatter rear tire
yoshi slip on
install the rebuilt motor
r1 or r6 brake master cylinder

I'll keep adding things to the list as I go along.

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
that's a piece of work faring fer sure mate!

good project tho ,were in Portland are ya at? Im down in tha lakes region NH

·
Registered
388 Posts
Holy shit that is retarded!

Fix it fast'

.....and welcome to CF
Good score! I am selling 2 FZRs right now, ha.

The best thing I ever did to mine is a tie between the Fox rear shock and early R1 front calipers and master. I am seriously gonna miss those brakes.

If you keep the 18" rear wheel don't put wider than a 150 tire on it or it will fuck up your handling.

I just showed my wife your fairing and she said "Holy shit! That is a...TURD..."

Welcome aboard.

Just re read your post and you said swingarm swap, so ignore the 18" tire comment. I figured with so many spare wheels you might rock the stock ones.

Jon

·
BigAL
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome aboard! I look forward to ripping off that retarded ass piece of shitmetal off the front of my bike. I will start a new thread of my build once I figure out how to navigate through this forum properly.

·
BigAL
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy shit that is retarded!

Fix it fast'

.....and welcome to CF
Good score! I am selling 2 FZRs right now, ha.

The best thing I ever did to mine is a tie between the Fox rear shock and early R1 front calipers and master. I am seriously gonna miss those brakes.

If you keep the 18" rear wheel don't put wider than a 150 tire on it or it will fuck up your handling.

I just showed my wife your fairing and she said "Holy shit! That is a...TURD..."

Welcome aboard.

Just re read your post and you said swingarm swap, so ignore the 18" tire comment. I figured with so many spare wheels you might rock the stock ones.

Jon

The parts bin that came with this bike actually already has fox shocks in it that I look forward to throwing on this bad boy!

·
BigAL
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's a piece of work faring fer sure mate!

good project tho ,were in Portland are ya at? Im down in tha lakes region NH
I currently live up in Disgusta at the moment. I'm from Windham though. I'm always looking for people to ride with! We may have to meet up at some point!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts