Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey now,

This post - like many - is a probably a few years in the making.
I've been riding since I was about 8 or 9, and I've been repairing renovating and modifying a variety of bikes almost constantly ever since.
The desire to build some sort of good looking one off, big bore naked has been lurking in the back of my mind ever since I was about 17, when I came across a Harris framed, GSXR 1100, with a 1260 big bore kit, straight cut box, bare ally tank and a seat the size of a matchbox... I was hooked. Fast forward 20 years, and Harris frames are like hens teeth and GSXR1100's are all getting a bit long in the tooth.
So fast forward to today, and I've taken the plunge a bought a crashed (mostly cosmetics) 1st Generation GSXR1300 as a starting point... the original plastics are (and this is only my personal opinion ) hideous. They'll be in the a bin before I bother to wash it....

After that, there's a new single seat unit to source, and fit, a new headlamp, clock(s), and a decision on riding position - Superbike bars from LSL maybe, and a stubby but not toooooo loud exhaust to source (I already have a bit of tinnitus from somewhere, probably a noisy bike somewhere along the line), a belly pan perhaps and a billet fuel cap to top it off.
Probably ride it for a bit to make sure I like it, before stripping it all down, and coating the frame black, and painting everything else a nice dark metallic grey (think AMG Merc) but who knows - that's a way down the road from here, and maybe I'll have changed my mind by then...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing to show on the Busa front yet, spent this afternoon re-building the tail on the R1100S (I had the sub frame powdered) but that one looks stock (it isn't !), so I wasn't going to put pics of that on here ?
I'll start a thread to record the Busa build when I get started (probably the week after next). Nice job on the CB btw.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the site,
I know what you mean about the look's of a standard Busa, lol
Seen some really nice looking naked Busa/streetfighter.
Look forward to see a build thread

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
It's not personal opinion, it's a fact, Busa fairings are ugly as fuck. Welcome to the site. On with the build! DFW!

Reactions: CK 187 and yantosh
1 - 5 of 5 Posts