Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,
I am a bit of a techno phobe, so not really used a forum before. Don’t want to go straight into a question but I could do with some help. I am building a custom using a kz750 E1 1981 frame and engine with a zrx1100 swingarm and zx900r front end with zzr1100 d wheels. The issue I have is sprocket alignment. I am using a offset front sprocket to clear the 180 tyre but this in turn is causing rubbing of chain on the inside of the frame. I reckon if could reduce the size of the rear wheel hub by only 5mm I would have good alignment. Does anyone no if the hubs are interchangeable between models and what sizes they are. Might have to get the zrr hub machined if not. Thanks for your help and time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply yantosh, using a 530 cain at the minute but yea a 520 might help a bit. Not sure if you can get a rear sprocket with a pocket / or negative offset. If you can that would be ideal. Any idea how easy it is to get the studs out of the carrier, so the surface that is in contact with the sprocket could be turned/ machined down.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I have the same setup in my ‘78 Kz1000. I’m using a 5/8” offset front sprocket and I think I milled off 5-6mm the hub along with thinning down the left hand spacer until it was almost flush with the hub in order to center the wheel.

Later, Doug

Reactions: Mattson

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Doug, great photos, that’s good to see that someone else solved the same problem with a solution. I think milling 5mm off the hub is the way to go. My wheel sits central with the stock zrx spacers so reckon it’s just the hub that needs adjustment.

·
10,849 Posts
Thanks for your reply yantosh, using a 530 cain at the minute but yea a 520 might help a bit. Not sure if you can get a rear sprocket with a pocket / or negative offset. If you can that would be ideal. Any idea how easy it is to get the studs out of the carrier, so the surface that is in contact with the sprocket could be turned/ machined down.
getting the studs out can be a cunt , last time I did it required a new set when I was done 😁

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
My wheel sits central with the stock zrx spacers so reckon it’s just the hub that needs adjustment.
Do you have the swingarm in the frame yet?

Later, Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts