Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup:
hahaha, this is gonna get fun.

hello, i started riding a pull start minibike when i was 7, & haven't owned a 4 wheeled vehicle since i was 16. i'm 22 now.

march 1st 2009 i was hit by a drunk driver totalling the bike & giving me a hell of a headache.

anyway, i've got the bike running again, & am relieved to get all the fiberglass nonsense off it. i really need to get some up-to-date pics, but these are from last week & now i'm down to details.

just for reference, here's a before shot.

since then, i've relocated the radiator reservoir, lost some more useless brackets, lowered it a bit & softened the shocks. this thing has gotten a bit lighter.

i built the 'muffler' from a louisville slugger, piece of a doorknob, & some dish scrubbing stainless.

future plans are:
bobber tail, stainless lower bodywork, & to lose the cat. gotta mount front blinkers for it to be legal...

·
Konichiwa Bitches
17,772 Posts
Holy shit dude.........hate to say it, but the first thing I thought when I saw that first picture was your head looked like a baseball........... :redface: :LolLolLolLol:

Welcome to CF, bet that "muffler" is loud as shite!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i fail at taking pictures...haha
when i tear it apart for paint i'll be able to take some good ones of some of the fab thats going into this.

auto focus my ass.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, my riding buddies call me curveball.

thanks for the welcome. it taught me to keep my guard up no matter how slow i'm going. (wreck was at 25mph.)

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
dui should = permanent revocation of license imo

glad to see your dedication to bikes, i wrecked a car in 2004 still just wetting my feet with driving again.

get inspired and do work :shocker:

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
yea, my riding buddies call me curveball.

thanks for the welcome. it taught me to keep my guard up no matter how slow i'm going. (wreck was at 25mph.)
take notes whoever reads this. never ride w/o a helmet. even at low speed.

that helmet saved your life man. (duh heh)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, no helmet. i got dropped off at my house from a bar (i'm not that much of a drinker, but better safe than sorry) & had left my house keys at a friends house. i was on my way home from picking them up when i was hit.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
wow. thats why i wear my helmet. cool scar tho, as my mom used to tell me- scars add character (not that we dont have enough already).

youre lucky to be alive bro. member that next time you think about not rockin your lid.

soo the fighter is coming along. whats all the little green bits in the last pic??? i love black and green, so if thats your scheme, run with it.

i was wondering why you were softening and lowering the suspension??

·
101 Posts
Welcome........

Quite the intro..................Like the Exhaust mod, most just buy what is available.

Glad ya made it tru your ordeal and are still on two wheels. Went tru something along those lines meself but I took a bit longer than you to rebound.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks again.

i know i looked like a shoei ad, & wear my helmet everytime, but the night i didn't i ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. there's a fist sized dent in the tank from the first time i took the bike down (dude pulled out in front of me on my way home from work so i threw it down to keep from going under the suv beside me), so it didn't scare me too bad.

& when i get some better pics i'll get a better tire shot, i ride this thing like my name is stoner.

oh, the green markings are from the insurance adjuster. progressive completely fucked me. in line to take them to court...

Whats the deal with CF cash?

it won't really matter either way, someday i'm gonna blow the engine & it'll only be a series of paychecks until i stuff a 13b rotary betwixt the rails.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome. glad your still with us.

·
2,660 Posts
dont know how i missed this dude, but ill throw a welcome anyway, hope the head feels better, how many stiches? i had 100 put in my dome in dec 07 def had some memory loss from that incident, hope you dont, looking forward to the build ride safe

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Damn dude, you should have used the screen name Scarface, that would be cool as hell. Glad your ok. Props for getting up and DW. Rep for sure!!!

Welcome to the madness.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts