Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm a college kid and obviously am worse off than any homeless person financially. Anyway, I'm new to fighters and to be honest, motorcycles. They've always been an obsession for me and I have always wanted to tear one apart and make it a hobby.

A buddy of mine is selling his 1993 Suzuki GS500E for $600-700 because of its age and salvaged title. He dropped it once and the gas tank is banged up a little but he fixed it up and everything is solid. I'm not looking for some shiny new bike to ride thousands of miles on, more of a summer project. I've never worked on a bike before but I'm great with my hands ;) and can follow youtube videos pretty well... ha.

I know a GS500 is not your run of the mill fighter but it is what I can afford.

Goals: To make it lean and mean (all looks) and loud (I know it will never be loud as a 1200cc HD)

Anyone think it's a bad idea to spend that money on this bike?
Also, anyone here want to help me (instructions/videos/pics) as I work on this project?

Thank you!

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
ya might wanna get that price down a wee bit mate ;)

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
They have a point... With a salvage title, $450 sounds like a better deal.
$700 is probably pushing it once you pay for inspection fees and whatever stupid cosmetic stuff it needs... It'll end up close to $900 is my guess, which for a '93 is about the going rate. Not a special buddy deal.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
I'd take the $700 and put it into something a little Bigger.
At least 750cc's
U could put nos and a Turbo on a 500 and still have a weak bike. Except in China where everyone rides 50cc's

Unless you can get a 500 Gama.
But then they are collectable, what ever that, is and priced higher than $700.......

Who is this Crazy Mofo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu1GlCr18jo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts