Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you guys have been over this before. I'm getting ready to swich over to a fighter headlight ( not sure what yet, im gonna do some photoshop and post one later), but im not sure what to do with the gauge cluster. I'd like to keep the one that i have and i do not want to change my bars, i like my clip ons. Any ideas what have you guys done?

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
i have the same question, i dont want renthals, and i want to keep my stock cluster****, i like the 1980's style cluster on my 2004 bike!

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Cluster mounting is just one of those "issues" with fighters, just like trying to hide all the wires...

Unfortunately, there is no good answer, because of the customization levels on fighters. Everyone's running different bikes, with different lights, different bars, and different clusters, so it really depends on your exact setup. If you post some pics of what you're working with, I'm sure it would be easier for people to shoot out some ideas. :cfcartman:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i tried saying fuck the gauges....but after riding with someone else i became aware that i never went below 50mph and my average speed on backroads was 60-70....

so then i went home and put the gauges back on with zipties! worked awesome. just tucked it behind my light....wrapped a couple black zips around it then put one around the tripple and one to hold the two sets together!

·
59 Posts
I ditched the guages. I am using a small digital gauge for the coolant temp ( kaw's run very hot) I am using a small speedo mounted on the left side and two small LEDs for neutral and oil pressure. it took me 2hrs to do it all and cost $150.

·
hack
729 Posts
fire104 said:
I ditched the guages. I am using a small digital gauge for the coolant temp ( kaw's run very hot) I am using a small speedo mounted on the left side and two small LEDs for neutral and oil pressure. it took me 2hrs to do it all and cost $150.
you use a shindy for temp or something else? also, what did you use for speedo?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
TA2LURCH said:
I'm sure you guys have been over this before. I'm getting ready to swich over to a fighter headlight ( not sure what yet, im gonna do some photoshop and post one later), but im not sure what to do with the gauge cluster. I'd like to keep the one that i have and i do not want to change my bars, i like my clip ons. Any ideas what have you guys done?

how nice do you want yoursetup to be?? we can all offer up cheap easy or ghetto fixes, but is that what you want??

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I got a magnetic bicycle speedometer from eBay, $7 US, shipped to me. Program it with the supplied formulas for wheel diameter and such, and away you go...with a speedo anyways!

·
59 Posts
I used a shindy for the temp. the speedo is from custom chrome I don't think its accurate but its only there to make the cops happy.
I'm going to move it down to the bottom of the fork close to the wheel, cycle exchange makes the kit. Im gonna make my own.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
:ttiwwop:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts