Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suffer from cubital tunnel syndrome in my left wrist as well as weakness is both wrist so for me using the clutch is almost impossible and depending on the bike even the throttle can be a utter b*tch.

what can I do to a bike?
I have looked at stuff like the klictronic
I have also looked at semi automatic bikes but there very expensive and to high a cc for me.

would like to find some thing thats universal?

I have thought about replacing the throttle with a button style lever foundon quad bikes but need to test that out

*back story
Im 28 but when i was 21 I was hit by a drunk driver head on, I was in a coma for 5 months as as big surgery done to my knees and wrists, when I was in hospital I contract TB of the lynth nodes and when I went for a op for a biopsi I took a seizure, due to this siezure that lasted less than 10 seconds the DVLA has said I must resit my cbt again as well as any other test for a larger bike.

7 years on I bought a 125 2 stroke hoping resit my 125 test in January and when i can afford it back on the bike bikes.

I will be trading my 2 stroke for a nice 125 cruiser but hoping to get a a 300cc to 500cc bike something with a more up rite position so its easier on the knees and hips

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
In the US, an old Hondamatic 400 doesn't seem unduely large, and can be found at reasonable cost, but I guess maybe your license doesn't allow it?

How about a scooter? They are almost always 'twist and go', with a cvt and centrifugal clutch.

Outside getting something that works as needed in stock form, the simplest option might just be a foot clutch and jockey (hand) shifter. Its a rather common modification for HD cruisers in America, not sure if its allowed in your area. Even if parts are not available for your bike, its a rather simple customization and there may be universal bits to do the job.

A fancier version might be to build a pneumatic actuator that pulls the clutch cable, likely triggered by the original clutch lever. Wouldn't have any modulation, and would likely require some skilled customization, but the parts would have reasonable cost, and you could return the bike to stock and move it over onto other bikes without investing in new parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the info guys, yea the 400cc at the moment is out my league for a few months
The gear shift its fine in the uk so a possible mod and all also look into the rekluse and supoermoto

1 - 4 of 4 Posts