Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find the general opinion of what this bike is worth.

2005 Ducatti 999R. 8k miles, 10k service done. I really don't know what the bike's worth, I am ball parking in the 8-10K range, but what do you guys and gals think? I've seen prices all over, but I don't know if some are under valued, or over valued.

Still waiting to get pictures and further description, but I am considering it as a trade for a car. Opinions? I was kinda looking for a monster or a streetfighter, but I'm trying to consider all options presented to me.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,015 Posts
Around 12k with minimal mods is a decent price with low mileage. Anymore than that and I'd start looking at 1098R's.

I have seen several people asking north of 18k mark, but they have either not sold or had numerous high dollar add ons (BST's, full Termi system, etc).

Last year there were several 1098R's going for around 15k on ebay.

What year, and whether it's a standard one or a FILA/XEROX replica will affect price too.

They are like Sport Classics right now though. Worth whatever someone is willing to pay with prices all over the place.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,504 Posts
Assuming it was never down, has the original parts, and isn't a race replica, I'd be around $10k. A race replica will command more $. A Termignoni full exhaust and matching ECU will get a few more bucks.

Make sure it is a REAL 999R. People fake them to feel good about themselves. Emailing the VIN and engine numbers to Ducati will get you a concrete answer. They do this for free, and usually only a 24 hour turnaround.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,015 Posts
Mike's got a good point.

An easy quick way to roughly determine authenticity (of the engine at least) is the R motors have sand casted engine cases as well. No rough sand cast case...no dice!

Personally, I'd rather have a 996R or 998R myself but they are getting uber rare these days. I already have 748R though so maybe I'll just shut up lol.

You looking at a particular one?

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,383 Posts
IF it's really an R..........
If it's stock......
If it's not a FILA model.......

I'm coming in around $11,000-14,500 realistic pricing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts