Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay people. Haven't really done much with gauge speed swapping before. I would like to know how I would would make A digital tech work on my .gt550. The stock gauges run on cables. My question is how would I get a signal to the new tech? Do I just run a wire off a coil or something like that that's timed? And would my bike being 2 stroke make that method not work? Thanks for the help.

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
If you're running an electronic ignition conversion, you can just hook it up to a coil or use capacitive sensing on an ignition wire like normal. If you're running points, some tachs will cooperate and others won't. The two-stroke thing won't be a problem, since it's the same as running a tach off the coil of a wasted-spark four-stroke.

I'd definitely just try that before you try dealing with a mechanical converter. I've never messed with one for a tach, but the ones for speedometers can be a little flakey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.