Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or my slabby. havent decided yet. But anyway who do I turn to. For a complete motor overhaul including check the tranny and bottom end. hayabusa pistons and turbo kit. and tune it. Who do I go to in the US for these things.

Im saving money at a fairly steady rate and turbo oil cooled suzuki is my goal. But I dont really have the tools or the time or the place really to do it. So yea I'm saving up some money here though...

Anybody up for the job?

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
What part of the US are you in? PM inbound.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts

:D

Rat has certainly got the knowledge and experience, shoot him a PM if he doesn't chime in.

·
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea that may very well be where I get the kit from. But I need somebody over here to help me build it also.

I contacted dave a few days ago. Wondering if I might be able to ship my bike over there and have him go through the whole thing. no response yet. I'm not sure he thinks I'm serious. Just another window shopper. Tire kicker...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah scratch what I was saying in this post. I'll stick with oil cooled.

Which chassis would be better as a turbo. Slabby or bandit?

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
Engine work, all the checking of crank/rods and boring it to accept Busa pistons, should be done by a qualified machinist that also works on motorcycles (some good shops do that exact work, but it isn't cheap, but you can reduce cost a little if you break it down and bring in the parts yourself).

As for the turbo kit, FBM or ProBoost is the way to go currently if you don't have what it takes to fabricate your own kit. I bought a ProBoost kit for my Bandit when they were still rather new, so much of what I dealt with has been smoothed out and streamlined a bit in quality and install. Someone with a decent bit of mechanical knowledge (say, if you can rebuild a set of carbs, you could easily install the turbo kit from them) could have it done in a weekend as it is a fairly easy process. The two most difficult parts are tapping the oil drain line into the Bandit sump (could easily be done while the rebuild is happening), and disassembling the rack of carbs to epoxy in metal T fittings on the float bowl vents for the pitot tube (same thing, could be done while you are dealing with the rebuild).

Tuning of a blow through turbo kit is the same as slightly upjetting a set of stock carbs to work with a slipon. It absolutely should be done on a dyno, but there is people that do it on the street too, there is no true right or wrong with the process, but I prefer if things will go awry that they happen in conditions that won't kill you.

Endo, Motohorho, and a few others that don't seem to be too active around here anymore are right on the level with Yan in knowing whats for with this sort of thing, so if you've got questions go ahead and ask and I'm sure between all of us we can give you a pretty good perspective on what this will take.

As for building it, are you looking for someone that can take a completed engine and build the bike from the ground up with the turbo kit installed and have it ready to tune? Or are you looking to hand off the big work and get it back ready to ride? Depending on how much you want to source out to someone it could get to be a lengthy amount of time and the cost could get kinda high.

:twocents:

I like the Bandit 1200 ALOT, but if you are in pursuit of pure boosted brutality, the GSXR platform would be the ideal way to go.

·
Former bike builder
1,240 Posts
As for the turbo kit, FBM or ProBoost is the way to go currently if you don't have what it takes to fabricate your own kit. I bought a ProBoost kit for my Bandit when they were still rather new, so much of what I dealt with has been smoothed out and streamlined a bit in quality and install. '
Proboost had made those for 15years when you bought yours. And nowdays there are different quolity issues

Endo, Motohorho, and a few others that don't seem to be too active around here anymore are right on the level with Yan in knowing whats for with this sort of thing, so if you've got questions go ahead and ask and I'm sure between all of us we can give you a pretty good perspective on what this will take.
Yep.. Not active anymore, and not bothering to help too many people with turbostuff. SEBSPEED build is only one that i advice on here anymore :oops:
:letsride:

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,269 Posts
As for the turbo kit, FBM or ProBoost is the way to go currently if you don't have what it takes to fabricate your own kit. I bought a ProBoost kit for my Bandit when they were still rather new, so much of what I dealt with has been smoothed out and streamlined a bit in quality and install. '
Proboost had made those for 15years when you bought yours. And nowdays there are different quolity issues

Yep.. Not active anymore, and not bothering to help too many people with turbostuff. SEBSPEED build is only one that i advice on here anymore :oops:
:letsride:

Where have you been hiding?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts