Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, here is the issue. I bought a gsxr 600 frame probably 2 years ago with a clean oregon title. Well long story short I never titled the frame in my name, and now my dumbass lost the title. How do I go about getting a new one?

I know I've seen plenty of other title issues around these parts, so hopefully someone can help.

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Here in Idaho you go to the DMV and ask for a duplicate title, they give it to ya on the spot.

Or, apply for a certificate of lost title and it will come in the mail.

Good luck, Jon.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The posted Vermont loophole is commonly used- probably 50% of "enduros" (read: dirt bike with a tag ziptied to the fender) I see around here in NY all have Vermont plates on them. I've heard Maine has similarly relaxed requirements, a dealer I used to work at pulled a trick through Maine to get registrations for RMZ dirt bikes that were converted to supermoto before sale.

Many other states require a "residence", but as mentioned this can be as simple as renting a PO box in that state for $20 a year over the phone, then requesting the mail be forwarded to your real home address.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
I have a titled GSXR 600 frame if you're interested. The pivot area was widened to fit a 900rr swingarm and a new billet upper mount has been machined to make the swingarm and frame work with a 2011 r1 shock. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts