Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '89 GSXR750 and picked up an off the shelf new set of Mikuni BST 36SS set of carbs. The spacing on the rack is too wide for my 750. Could they be off a 1000? or a different bike? How can I find out? the boots that I have won't fit the spacing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
As far as I know oil cooled Gsxr750/1100 plus 600/750/1100 Katana's and 600/1200 Bandits all have the same carb spacing. Chances are that the carbs are not originally from an oil cooled Suzuki.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, Doug. I have my old carbs and may have to swap the rack to get the right spacing. just didn't want to have to.

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
Are the carbs all evenly spaced or are they paired 1-2 and 3-4?

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
Those look pretty evenly spaced. If memory serves me correctly the spacing for O/C ports is 77mm-93mm-77mm. The wider inside dimension is due to the center cam chain drive.

Later, Doug

G

·
just to confirm all oil cooled Suzuki's have the same carb inlet spacing

Have you had the inlet rubbers off the engine ? If so maybe you have them back on in the wrong order ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought of that, but I'm thinking this set might be off a water cooled engine.

just to confirm all oil cooled Suzuki's have the same carb inlet spacing

Have you had the inlet rubbers off the engine ? If so maybe you have them back on in the wrong order ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts