Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
just asking this question pretty much cements the fact that you arnt ready for this swap. but this is what you would have to do.
you need the 1000cc motor. full wiring. throttle bodies. ecu. header. radiator. and airbox.

you need to cut the upper rear motor mount off the frame, trim each side of the lower mount on the motor 1/4 inch. and trim the upper mounts for transition plates. pop the lower rear motor mount bolt in and swing the motor up to make templates for the upper rear mount and the side transition plates. make them out of 3/16 steel. the upper rear needs to be welded together so you can bolt it to the motor before you swing it up and then bolt it to the frame. once that is done and you have it all mounted you need to trim the airbox to fit. then mount all your electrics. then you need to cut the bottom of your fuel tank out and weld the bottom with the 1000 fuel pump mount onto it or get the 98/99 750 FI pump and wire it to work. thats the quick and easy write up. check out my build thread as i put an 08 1000 motor in a 98 750 frame (same frame as all the srads)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh ok I have the srad as its been sat in my grandads garage for about 3 year with the intention to street fighter it due to getting a z1000 but iv just sold the z100 and wanted to finish this off the idea is to put a k1 engine in and a r1 rear then sum sort of front light kinda like a stunt bike front but thank you for that and i will have a look at your build now :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Hot Sauce
210 Posts
There is a stickied thread with complete write up and pics on the 1k swap here:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Its also the same sub forum almost all google searches will take you to when googling questions for SRAD.

Would this be the same if I was to put the 750 engine in?

Not by a long shot. Prolly the better option for you though....Or you could rock it as is until you have familiarized yourself with bike mechanics more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh I want to get more into bike mechanics and street fightering mainly, would I need all the same parts for the k1 750 as I do for the k1 1000 as in engine, throttle bodies, wiring loom, ecu, header, air box, rad and clocks? Sorry for been such a noob :/

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
where abouts do you live? the srad 1000 swap isnt too demanding in all honesty. i could probably get it done in a weekend if you needed help

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
Gsxr nut
460 Posts
where abouts do you live? the srad 1000 swap isnt too demanding in all honesty. i could probably get it done in a weekend if you needed help
Hey Piester I got a SRAD frame you can come throw a 1000 into anytime you want to :LolLolLolLol:

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,435 Posts

+rep good sir!

:knucks:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts