Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys anyone has any experience with the drl300 limiter from dynatek, i cant get this to work. My ignition is stock pickup with hei 4 pin module and 0.4ohm coil, ive been using it for the last 3 years without a problem, even have a mallory rpm switch as a shift light, but a couple of misshifts have me nervous, so i want more protection... Its wired according to instructions, and SPECIFICALLY on the website it states that the new drl300 works with HEI automotive igntion, which is the same, either the module is fried or im too stupid (please dont respond to that).

82' CB750

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
You're a fucking idiot......

I have no clue what you're talking about but you might be over thinking it and having the biggest malfunction of them all......RIDER MALFUNCTION. But i don't know you so I can't say that but It could be in your head or you know the part you don't want to admit to.

·
Super Moderator
3,057 Posts
I have a DRL300 that I'm putting on my Vmax at some point. Anyways, what bike and ignition system is the DRL300 going on?

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,057 Posts
OK. Have you tried setting it to half the desired rev-limit and see if it works? Perhaps it's reading 1/2 as high as it should i.e. see's 5,000rpms instead of actually 10,000rpms.

Just thinking out loud here.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, im lost here, i called dyntek because on the specs of the drl300 its says one of the features of the drl300 is that it can be used with hei ignition and then they tell me that it wont work with hei ignition, i know my system is fine , im using a mallory rpm switch as a shift light and its working perfectly..... Either it really doenst work or im doing something wrong here , have you tried yours yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're a fucking idiot......

I have no clue what you're talking about but you might be over thinking it and having the biggest malfunction of them all......RIDER MALFUNCTION. But i don't know you so I can't say that but It could be in your head or you know the part you don't want to admit to.

Could be, but please show some respect i said stupid not idiot, and i would admit it if i could feel it.... maybe its a size thing

Hey man, i was just fucking around, not offense intended...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.