Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"More than meets the eye"
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed these cool bar-end mirrors on my 'Storm and think they look perfect.

BUT I have on big problem with them and that is that they go all out of adjustment and even turn sideways when I want to ride hard which I guess is due to the increased wind and the V-Twin's extra vibrations.

How can I get them to be more "stiff" and stay where I adjust them???

·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the exact same mirrors so i probably have this to look forward too. What part is rotating? Is it at the bar or the mirror itself?
At the bar it is ever so slightly loose but not that it rotates...just moves a tad forwards and backwards when you try to adjust. It is the mirror itself that rotates.

I have known people to adjust them and superglue into place.
I will probably use some superglue too although I have thought of moving the mirror the whole time before the glue dries to try and cause it to build up extra resistance while still being adjustable.

I had these as well and couldn't get them to stay so I got different mirrors
This thought has also crossed my mind. Am busy with a design to print on my 3D printer. Will ask everyone's opinion once I am done with the design.

·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those rubber expanders suck.
i weld nuts in the end of the bars and bolt them in direct, never a problem.
bb7
I must agree that they do suck.

But in this instance the problem lies with the ball and socket where the mirror goes onto the arm. That is where it rotates so to speak. And there is no way of adjusting the tension of the socket on that ball.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
There's probably a tension adjustment on the other side ( behind the mirror) of the ball. Would have to pop the glass out to see. I mean, it was assembled somehow.

Might be worth the risk/trouble if you're just gonna toss em anyway.

Can you peen the ball? Spin the mirror as far as possible, make a few small peens the "swell" the ball, then adjust back in to riding position. Just a thought.

·
FNG
68 Posts
OK, as long as we're talking adhesives, E6000. strong stuff and sticks well to metal. takes a day to dry, remains flexible, removeable only if you're trying. i glued a AA maglite to the barrel of my pellet gun to shoot rabbits in the dark.comes in black, white and clear. i get mine in the craft section at walmart.
bb7

1 - 11 of 11 Posts