Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am in the united kingdom (England if you prefer:party-smiley: ) and have started fightering my Suzuki gsxr srad and have come ascross a problem not having a wide choice of parts over here.

What do I do with the water tank? it is to big to move anywhere else on the bike and the only solution I have come up with so far is a kind of shield for it to hide it behind.

Has anyone else fightered one of these and if so what did you do? have searched on google images but nothing to help me there.

Thanks guys
Jason

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I have seen a couple guys take one of those cheapy Chrome small fire extinguishers, empty it out, and use that in its place...I plan on doing it when I get my bike built. :rock:

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Are you talking about the radiator? or the plastic coolant overflow tank?? Sorry, "water tank" is not a term I think we on this side of the pond are clear on.

If you mean the coolant overflow tank thats an easy one. Go with any kind of metal "bottle" to replace it. I mean ANYTHING. I have a cleaned up hair spray bottle, I've seen liquor bottles, aluminum or stainless tubes with caps welded on the ends, literally ANY thing you can think of in bottle form.
Then all you need to do is get creative with mounting it, behind the radiator, on the other side of the bike, behind the seat... it only really has to be sealed if you mount it horizontally.

Hope that helped

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Candyman said:
Are you talking about the radiator? or the plastic coolant overflow tank?? Sorry, "water tank" is not a term I think we on this side of the pond are clear on.

If you mean the coolant overflow tank thats an easy one. Go with any kind of metal "bottle" to replace it. I mean ANYTHING. I have a cleaned up hair spray bottle, I've seen liquor bottles, aluminum or stainless tubes with caps welded on the ends, literally ANY thing you can think of in bottle form.
Then all you need to do is get creative with mounting it, behind the radiator, on the other side of the bike, behind the seat... it only really has to be sealed if you mount it horizontally.

Hope that helped

Thanks dude yes coolant overflow tank is what I am on about.

Have you got any pics of some?? would a fake NOS bottle look out of place? ( I am adding NOS anyway so could make it look nicely symetrical)

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Ya I've seen NOS bottles used, and if you have one on the other side that'd even it out nice as long as they werent too bulky, you know, so as to slow you down:LolLolLolLol:

Pics... um, only one I have of mine is when my bike was still a ratbike, but it'll give you an idea.

Attachments

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
I used a ALuminium Vitamin Jar,

My BIke is fighter of the month here, and I allso have my web page that goes into some of the mods I did
Linked Below

·
KNUCKLE UP
209 Posts
I couldn't figure out what to do with mine either. So I bought some plastic paint and painted mine so it wasn't that nasty natural plastic look.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Hey Endo I see them in the dollar store near canadian tire, for $1 seriosly,

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Jolt cola would look cool

Attachments

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Yes it would Joe ;)

uh....

Been there, done that...moving on. I'm too cool for Jolt Cola...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks alot guys loads of ideas never knew it would be that easy!!!! my coolant tank has a lid on for topping up does that make a difference or not?.

Cheers
Jason

·
r6rob
49 Posts
AS LONG AS WHATEVER BOTTLE YOU USE HAS A TOP ON.THAT WAY YOU CAN STILL TOP UP, AND CHECK YOUR COOLENT LEVEL. CHECK OUT USER I D shields9442 ON EBAY

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Welcome aboard man! I'm the guy that was bugging you with all the questions on eBay! (1 more referral for me!)

·
r6rob
49 Posts
no worries mate can help you out when you need your bottle sort you out a better price .cheers for your advice.rob

1 - 20 of 26 Posts