Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here is the deal run out of ideas. i own a 05 sv650 naked, and i hit a dead end. any fresh minds would would be great. i been looking at the cyclops headlights maybe some fatbars. gix frontend swap. i would like some idea out there in the s/f world. i'm a noobie to this part of the custome bike world.

be easy
ken

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Gixxer front end does wonders for an SV.

Would the cyclops match the rest of your bike? Post it up.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
ya a front emd swap would definatly sweeten up your handling and the look of the bike,you could go with an acerbis headligh if thats what you really want or try and fab up your own,the mx bars are definatly a classic modso you cant go wrong with that maybe get a clutch window put in,DZ on here has one and can get ehm maybe shoot him one

the best way to come up with ideas is to think of a general theme you want to go with,and what you want to acheive by it,a show bike,all out performance,stunter,touring

good luck dude

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. i'm tired of the girl man bikes that look bling bling. you guys know what i mean. i'm looking for a little bit of everything. stunt, performance, and a little bit of me. i will post pics when i start.

·
236 Posts
Gix front for sure. It helps performance in a huge way. Plus it looks cool. Win win!! Should find a rear shock too. Exhausts on a twin should be done before leaving the dealer. Way too good of a sound to muffle. Super Bike/Dirt Bike bars are classic, almost a must. Get us some pics!! We are here to help.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
so a gsxr rear shock wont work??? id think itd be easier sticking with the same brand parts??

not necessarily tho i guess.

Post up some pics SV, then tell us a bit about what you wanna do to it. give us an idea...a 'them' if you will. theres tons of dif. ways you can go.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Both shocks have fitting issues since both have the bulky rez on top while the Sv shock doesn't. This bulk goes right into the battery box under the seat. I've read some ppl cutting the box and others not having an issue at all.

I went with the 636 since it was better fitting for my weight. I've read the GSXR shocks are geared to ppl in the 170-180 class. I don't know anything else about the Gix shocks since it wasn't for my weight.

I'll post pics when I get mine done in the my buildoff thread.

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will post up pics. i laid the bike down on the track so the stock bar fucked up. i like the fatbars we will see. thanks for the love...

be easy yaw.
ken

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
its all good john. i got your back.

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know one thing at a time :LolLolLolLol: i will post some picks of the bike.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i just did a gsxr shock swap on an sv. yeah, you have to cut out the front of the battery box, not too much thoough. it also makes the battery sit a lil higher in the box, so the seat won't go back on without trimming the pan down a little to fit over the battery. again, nothing too hard. made a world of difference in how the bike handled. there's a page on svrider that has a how-to for cutting the battery box to clear the resevior.

there's a local guy with two REEALLY sick naked sv650's, i'm trying to get ahold of the guy to get some pics (and to get him on this board) if i can get the pics, i'll post em up, might give you some ideas.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
skr00zloose said:
there's a local guy with two REEALLY sick naked sv650's, i'm trying to get ahold of the guy to get some pics (and to get him on this board) if i can get the pics, i'll post em up, might give you some ideas.
Is his name Nate?

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
enrico vespa said:
Is his name Nate?

dunno, never actually met the guy. there's alot of sv riders around here, and they keep telling me about this guy's bikes because they think they'd be right up my alley. i've seen pics of em, and yeah, me likey. i'll find out what the guys name is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts