Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what it do. i have a couple of question open for help. i looking to raise the rear of my sv but don't know were to find anything like that. i was doing a gix frontend upgrade but ran into a almost free stock sv frontend upraded w/traxxion stuff for about a bill :party-smiley: i also need a some ideas on headlights w/links to check them out myself. i look but couldn't find anything :confused: so it would be great for your ideas to get the juices flowing.

Thanks
RED

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
You want to raise just the tail ? For handleing or looks ?

To raise the tail, I suggest making a new subframe that get's it up there where you want it.

OR.....2-3 washers under the shock mount nut ? ;)

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
you need adjustable or shorter "dogbone" links to raise the rear of the bike for performance. If you want your tail higher for cosmetics you need to do what catman said. Im not sure what he means about the shock mount nut.

#13 in the pic is what im refering too. Alot of people use rod ends and an internally threaded tube for this. If you know exactly where you want it you can make some solid links out of steel flat bar. I made mine out of 1/4" to be safe because i broke a pair of 1/4" aluminum ones.

When raising the rear this way you have to be extra careful you watch your chain. If you go too extreme your chain will start to heavily rub your swingarm and possibly some frame members. The best thing to do is get jack under the center of the bike and lift the rear off the ground. Unbolt these links and start to lower/raise the bike to the point you want it. Measure your hole distances and make your links according. kouba makes links for bikes but i believe most are lowering links and i dont think they list the sv yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts