Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not a *******
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a VERY budget oriented build. I picked this up wrecked from a friend for no $$ at all, and he gave me permission to fix it up and put it on the road since my '98 F3 was stolen. It's a '94 CBR600F2, in good shape mechanically, but not cosmetically. Mods so far include cheap ones, such as gauge cluster delete, removal of stock headlight (DUH), full wire tuck, a new SF headlight (cheap one), bar end mirrors, and a good bit of time and effort considering I don't have a decent workspace. It's got a LONG way to go, but it is very much rideable right now. It looks ugly, but it makes GREAT power for what it is, and has consistently beaten or held it's own with a lot of newer 600's. So as it stands, it is a "Ratfighter" for right now. Thinking about going with the tail section from an '06 600RR as I've found a couple for cheap, and I think with an under-tail exhaust, it would look pretty sick. I still need a few things for it, including a new front fender, a new seat, passenger pegs, and a new set of tail plastics for the current frame setup in the rear. This still has to be a 2-up bike, as the little lady still likes to ride, and the seats on these bikes are pretty comfy. Also need a new headlight because I can't ride at night AT ALL with the one I have, but all in due time. I think it has potential. Thinking green frame, flat black body work, and green trim around the edge of the wheels. Could be cool. Pics.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Great bike to work with a million different options. Nice start.

·
Not a *******
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great bike to work with a million different options. Nice start.
Yeah I loved my F3, until it got stolen. It was heartbreaking. Messing with a man's bike is tantamount to messing with his woman. Most of the time it's worse. I do have big plans for this bad boy. Inverted shocks and updated front brakes/wheel, upgraded rear monoshock, carb rejetting and a better pipe (I hate the M4 that's on it. I've seen people turbo F3's but I don't know if that would even be possible on mine, since the F2 is gravity fed, and doesn't have a fuel pump. Limits my options as far as power adders, although I heard that one of the cams from the f4 or f41 can be used in this bike, which would help, along with jetting the carbs, and a big bore kit. Although I think that might be worth the money as far as the minimal power gain I would get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts