Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its been about 4 months since i lent my 99 R6 to my buddy and he crashed it ive been workin on it in my spare time. what ive done is chopped the tail where it was bent, started fabbing a new tail, which i have mounted an 03' R6 integrated tail light into. also ive drilled out the triple and mounted some renthal fatbars on it. moved all my hand controls and also mounted an acerbis Cyclops headlight on it and wired it up. im gonna need to reroute the throttle cables and also get some longer brake lines. my forks need to be straightened and i need a new front wheel which is bent somethging awful. heres a couple pics. hopefully ill have it done by next season. its nearly there.







 

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Joined
·
12,319 Posts
your off to a good start,about your forks if its to much to replace them take them to a machine shop ive taken forks to some and theve allways come out straight
maybe do somethin with the exhaust,and front fender
and maybe get rid of that lip in the plastic by your passenger perch and put a hugger on it get rid of the brake light and put red LED's on the hugger if you get it chop the passenger pegs and if you choose to keep that exhaust make a cool ass bracket for it

sorry for picking apart your bike dude im just trying to help but it looks good its a differeent platform for a fighter
good luck with it
:cfrocks:
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
i think it looks cool. you should def. mod the 03 r6 tail you have to fit on the shortened subrame, maybe do the f.fender from the same bike.

good work. makin good of a bad situation. :metal:
 

·
Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Green Lantern said:
your off to a good start,about your forks if its to much to replace them take them to a machine shop ive taken forks to some and theve allways come out straight.
im gonna take to the bikeshop, they said they could straighten them, but i might look into the machine shop idea. might be a little cheaper

The Green Lantern said:
maybe do somethin with the exhaust.
i was thinking of cutting the exhaust down so its just a stub that just bearly reaches the existing bracket

The Green Lantern said:
and front fender.
i was gonna leave it but gimme some ideas... in the picture it is just sitting on the tire so its a little lower then it should be.

The Green Lantern said:
and maybe get rid of that lip in the plastic by your passenger perch.
that is gonna be gone by the time i finish the rest of the tail up.

The Green Lantern said:
put a hugger on it get rid of the brake light and put red LED's on the hugger if you get it.
dammit i like it that way i spent 100 bucks on the newer integrated tail light and also ive spent about 5 hours already just making the sheet metal for the light and tail. (im not that quick of a metal worker)

The Green Lantern said:
chop the passenger pegs and if you choose to keep that exhaust make a cool ass bracket for it.
i wasnt sure if i should chop them i might want them for some stunting.....

The Green Lantern said:
sorry for picking apart your bike dude im just trying to help but it looks good its a differeent platform for a fighter
good luck with it
:cfrocks:
thanks for the input
 

·
Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
929_adam said:
i think it looks cool. you should def. mod the 03 r6 tail you have to fit on the shortened subrame, maybe do the f.fender from the same bike.

good work. makin good of a bad situation. :metal:
i dont have the tail of the 03 r6, i just ordered the integrated tail light. ill look into the fender.
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
what about the brand new tail? those are sharp looking.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Green Lantern said:
now thats what i like to hear:LolLolLolLol: :cfcartman:
before it was crashed i could do reasonable wheelies.. they werent good cause i didnt wanna beat on my bike. now its a fighter and it is made to ride. so it will be riden, and riden to its full potential
 

·
?????????????
Joined
·
5,471 Posts
jschapansky said:
before it was crashed i could do reasonable wheelies.. they werent good cause i didnt wanna beat on my bike. now its a fighter and it is made to ride. so it will be riden, and riden to its full potential
Good on ya! a man after me own heart:LolLolLolLol:
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
jschapansky said:
before it was crashed i could do reasonable wheelies.. they werent good cause i didnt wanna beat on my bike. now its a fighter and it is made to ride. so it will be riden, and riden to its full potential

get the right setup for your bike then (cage, bar, etc) cuz you WILL drop it if you pursue advanced wheelieng 101.

but yah. good call. i was the same way before.
 

·
British Rider
Joined
·
216 Posts
lookin fit m8 i love the cyclops headlight they look great and taking the forks to a machining shop aint a bad idea my dad had some done a gud few years ago n it only cost £26 each
 

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Joined
·
12,319 Posts
929_adam said:
get the right setup for your bike then (cage, bar, etc) cuz you WILL drop it if you pursue advanced wheelieng 101.

but yah. good call. i was the same way before.
wow you must suck at wheelies if you drop a stunt bike:LolLolLolLol:
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
wow you must suck at wheelies if you drop a stunt bike:LolLolLolLol:
thats what stunt bikes are for :rock:
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,640 Posts
ab420 said:
That's what I'm saying! I just laugh when I see someone crying that they dropped their stunt bike that just got a $5000 paintjob and has no crash cage or anything.... stunt bikes should be ugly, so if you drop it, you don't even notice! :LolLolLolLol:
generally the only people with nice stunt bikes, are sponsored....and even then. .. theyre the really good guys who hardly ever drop the bike.

pretty rare to actually see real nice, real stunt bikes. props to those that do tho.

:metal:
 

·
Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i aint worried about dropping my bike. the sliders on it actually do there job really well. didnt save the plastics but they did save the cases and stuff. also. there isnt anyway im spending more then about 30 bucks on a couple spray bombs to paint the pieces i fab up decently to match the bike.i would just go flat black but i have a custom airbushed lid that matches the yamaha blue. so i gotta stick with it.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top