Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^ posted that like someone here knew me...

ok so heres the life story

Hate v-twins
im 18
bought first bike at 17, Yamaha Maxim 700, still have, sitting in barn
(blew electrical system, 2nd gear missing, bad fork seals, usual)
bought a cb750c new years day 09, i wil probably cry on the first anniversary, as it sits in my barn with two, count em 2 junk engines, had so much work into them, so much my dad wont let me buy another engine, running bike, etc.
now that im at that point, lets talk about alot of my frustration.
my dad
ever since I was like 10, i've HAD to work on our farm, EVERYDAY after school, on weekends, in the summer etc. etc. i spent most my time on the farm being pissed off at him, I didnt really learn what I should have (cant weld well) and just spent time off the farm being pissed. Anyways, he is 100% against modifications to anything. bought about 70% of my motor vehicles against his will
so i bought the cb750c to make a bobber, had it all done, new engine painted and in frame, seized, and I dont know what to do, i felt discouraged, and my dad gave me the "I told you so" look, so i pushed it into the barn.
I WILL get it back out after college and im gone, its all ready to go, painted tins, custom underglow setup, exhaust, suicide shift, etc,
oh ya, my dad wouldnt let me mod my first truck, a rusty 89 chevy 2500 with 300K miles ( i wanted to straight pipe it) so to make it louder i drilled holes in front of the muffler..., got my 06 gtp, when they went to france and germany on a tractor company tour, i tinted my windows, changed my exhaust, and tossed on a soiler, without him knowing.
Anyways, So, after not gettin my fix on for like 3 months, I snuck out at like 10 pm said I was goin to a friends, drove 3 hours away, (yes a got where I was going at 1am) and bought a yamaha seca 750 for my wii I won at prom and my old laptop. The bike had 1900 miles and basically needed to be renewed

So here i am almost done with the carbs have a new tank on the way, some new piggyback shocks (dad doesnt know about) the bike is hopefully near completion, at least while I'm in college.

After college I plan for a modern front end, MAYBE a mono shock rear arm, IDK, I obught this bike to last a long time and be my beater.

I dont have pictures of my bike ill try and dig some up of the cb750c and maxim... but heres the link to the shocks I just bought, i think they7're a great deal and would make any budget fighter look and perform better:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0462882189&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

anways, kinda interestingly funny story how I found this place

I was perusing youtube, and i came across that ungawdly r1 streetfighter (with the ape hangers and skat) so i posted a link on xjbikes.com to have everyone make fun of it (really good site lots of knowledgable people and stuff) well someone on there is a member here and posted a link to how you guys are making fun of it as well. so i'm like im 12 what is this, and then i was like, oh hey is a streetfighter site, cool, and now i'm writing this

BTW I live in the thumb of Michigan, anyone representin? and i'm going to Michigan TEch for mechanical Engineering, any one a snow cow tipper as well?:confused:

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Erm....Hello

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello.

and should i mention, its almost like a mechanical fettish

i love seeing old two stroke bikes with a modern front end, swingarm.. etc, like a water buffalo, those kawasukie trips, and maybe some yammies?

- if you remember any, can you point me in the right direction?

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
good for you body a interest in those machines shows you apreciate the history of motorcycles

·
Playing Pelvic Penuckle!
2,572 Posts
uhhhh, welcome....now go hug your dad and tell him you love him!

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"good for you body a interest in those machines shows you apreciate the history of motorcycles "

Theres that

and theres one other thing

re-re's who have "custom street fighters" when really they took off the fairing, wrapped the headers, took off any muffling device, and maybe, put on some kind of twin headlight plastic fairing thing. those bike are super carbon copy.. with old bikes its an all metal frame, you have more to work with, its not as much money (most of the time) so mistakes are that big of a deal and you're not as afraid to venture..

but yes, i do like old bikes

at the local tracks, watching new dirtbikes race oval is boring, I love watching the xs650's, BSA, Triumphs, etc racing

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its ok , i lovehim, they raised me right, I have good work ethics, strong morals, I know how to turn a wrench and read a book, but its those damn ladys I cant figure out.

shucks

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Damn dude, that's a hell of a story! I had an 82 Maxim and stopped in occasionally to hunt around on XJBikes.com, seem like a good group over there. Funny how you did everything you could despite your fathers wishes about you modifieing and riding. I'm sure his attitude comes from not wanting to see you go the route that non riders believe every rider eventually takes. Just concern and probably see's you as "worth more" than being an "organ donor". I don't know the whole story so I am only speculating.

The Seca is a great platform to work with, it sounds like you have a good parts library starting in that barn of yours. All I can think is rat bike... but it's not hard to tell that's the first thing I would do with a barn full of 80's era 4 cylinder bikes. :D

You could always trade bikes or parts of em' off for parts for your seca.

Welcome from Wisconsin (south central/Madison area), :cfrocks:,

RatFighter

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Welcome from southeastern WI (Milwaukee area). I'm also going for mechanical engineering, but at MSOE.

Wow, that is quite the story. Why not just go through the motor of the CB750 and get that running rather then have non running bikes pile up in the barn with your father looking at them everyday thinking he is right? Maybe it's just me though... I'm hoping to get either a CB750F or a CB900F. My dad and I are trying to figure out a way to get the "ok" from my mom to spend $900 on a CB900F right now. I figure $1/cc isn't bad for a running street legal bike but my mom thinks I have too much going on with my car for me to get another toy. Your dad to you is my mom to me. :)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome Bro, I'm from Howell MI. Join the Michigan Streetfighters Social Group. Trying to get as many MI. streetfighters together as I can for some rides and to go to FF10.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:thumbsup:

Thanks guys

I will try n join that street fighter group, once i figure our out (push in the right direction could be nice)

ya i like sv's ducocky's and whatnot, i even have tolerate some victories and honda cruisers, its mainly Hardlys (that south park episode is so true) that fual my hate

Also, How do I post in the classifieds section? do i have to have a certain # of posts or VIP? I'm looking for fzr or maybe fj front end

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Shot you a PM, you need to have 50 post before you can post in the classifieds.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Welcome aboard from the west side of the big lake.

Quite a story you got there my friend. I'm a fan of the older bikes as well and have a Kawi trip myself

Yew do not know how much that warms me stone cold hart mates ..:D

·
Person of interest
1,302 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your seca finished. Don't worry, my dad was the same way. He hated me racing moto X, and never came to any of my races. Turns out he was just afraid of seeing me get hurt. Which I did with startling regularity. Now we're really close, and even ride together.

·
826 Posts
I was lucky that my dad had a bike when I was 17, so they really couldn't say no. At the same time, I never really thought much about it anyway, it wasn't until he replaced his 83 dual sport with a new bike and asked me if I wanted the other before he gave it to my cousin. We've only ridden together 2-3 times. He just goes so DAMN SLOW that I can't take it, haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts