Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. just wanted to say hi. cant believe its taken me this long to do this. anyways, im just starting to tear down and fighter my 1988 honda cbr1000f hurricane. Got an awesome image in my head of what i want but i must say im a bit overwhelmed. i have no idea where to start. anyways, im sure ill be talking with you guys more once i get into this project. big plans ahead. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Use imgur.com instead of drop box. Imgur is easier and share friendly.

ninja edit...nevermind...dropbox just isn't share friendly.

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
If you are going to sell the plastics, a guy I've known for 23 years (good dude) is restoring a Hurricane 1000 and has been on the hunt for the upper fairing bits for quite some time. Just sayin', the market is there, and the resto guys do exist.

Somewhere around here is a thread with the pivot width of the VFR750 arm, I can check the one in my shop today too... just moved the 1000 to a storage shed a few weeks ago though, so I don't have it on hand to take any measurements of the swingarm pivot area. That would be up to you to find the numbers on and make a call on how much work you want to invest in bringing your vision to life.

Only other one I've seen around here taken the fully distance in a build was meatpopsicle (Ian) and his '87 CBR1000F.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9561

1 - 8 of 8 Posts