Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just introducing myself.

I am a complete noob but am studying hard as the zero-hour aproaches (finally buying a bike). Ever sense I was little I was awe-struck by choppers, not just their looks but the very idea of getting a bike and cutting away all the bullshit and being left with a meen, no-nonsense machine.

This is why I am so disheartend by the current trend of yuppies with custom bikes that they call choppers, when really they are ridiculous 75,000 doller buckets of ugly paint and chrome.

Sorry for the mini-rant, but the point is that through my chopper-research I found out about this whole 'streetfighter' movement and it struck a chord. I am probobly way behind the times but it's all new to me and I love how it seems that you streetfighter folks are keeping the old spirit of the chopper alive by cutting away the nonsense and being left with pure performance beasts to slay the road. To be honest the whole thing reminded me of Mad-Max when I first read about it, and that, my friends, rules.

I think 99.9% of paintjobs are stupid and prefer the flat black look.

So with all that being said, I still love OLDSCHOOL choppers (ya know, the ones that actually have some CHOPPING involved) and am eager to get into this whole streetfighter buisiness.

Now for the confession. I don't even own a bike yet. Yup I said it, but hey I it seems that the lot of you have a good well of knowledge to dig into and I hope you can make some room for an eager beginner such as myself.

I plan to get a used bike soon enough, but the choices are killing me! I like the triumph tripple speed and ducati monster look, but the ducati is overpriced imo and both are pretty much the streetfighter equivilent of a custom bike to me, ie: it defeats the purpose to not be able to cut 'em up yourself!

Right now I'm looking at a GSX-R but really I would LOVE to have some input. I've been using the search button as much as possible, but discussion is what helps most.

Thanks dudes, keep riding.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
It's all good man (I'm guessin). Welcome aboard. I haven't been active here long either, but it's a great group and a fun place to hang out. Ask any questions, we're more than happy to help out! Streetfightin' is a way of life, not just a type of bike, and you've come to the right place. Whatever bikes you are interested in, post 'em up and we'll do what we can.

If I can make a suggestion for a style/type of bike...you may want to read this thread:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528

www.cb750cafe.com is a site dedicated to early Honda CB750 Cafe Racers. They are reminiscent of the original choppers, can be had for very little money. Parts are readily available from a multitude of online resources as well as some dealers, and they are relatively easy to learn on, both riding and mechanical work. Also, with so many parts available, it's easier to experiment/chop/etc to get the exact look you want...one thing to remember though, the project is NEVER over!

Welcome to the addiction my friend...no lookin' back now!

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
endo said:
It's all good man (I'm guessin). Welcome aboard. I haven't been active here long either, but it's a great group and a fun place to hang out. Ask any questions, we're more than happy to help out! Streetfightin' is a way of life, not just a type of bike, and you've come to the right place. Whatever bikes you are interested in, post 'em up and we'll do what we can.

^^
+1- welcome :cfcartman: , I'm new here too, got the same bug :LolLolLolLol:

Good folks up in here :pwas:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
thanks for signing up Tully! enjoy the site! :cfrocks:

Tully said:
both are pretty much the streetfighter equivilent of a custom bike to me, ie: it defeats the purpose to not be able to cut 'em up yourself!
agreed. not to say that you cant further modify those bikes. i like the idea of taking a bike thats 2/3 to 1/2 the price of the italian bike and making at least a little bit faster and much more badass for less than the original price of just their bike alone! thats part of the fighter attitude...gotta save your dollars and get the most performance for your bucks!

Tully said:
Right now I'm looking at a GSX-R but really I would LOVE to have some input. I've been using the search button as much as possible, but discussion is what helps most.

a TON of people from the other side of the pond :)LolLolLolLol:)

use the gixxers as their platform. the older motors are bulletproof and theres tons of parts available (mbe cus so many of em crash so much :muah:)

im partial to honda myself. i think they have some of the best looking frames/rolling chassis for the fighters. the motors are great. parts are readily available.

pretty much any of the major brand superbikes/sportbikes are good to use. parts available. aftermarket parts also. etc.

if your thinking about building a fighter out of somthing older...see if you cant get 2 of the same bike before you start building. i know that parts are available. . . but they arent always things you want to use.

i work in a salvage yard, and i know from experience, im not taking a 25 year old part thats been sitting around collecting dust and rust and slapping it on my bike, hoping it works. just be aware that there is more headaches involved with finding parts for the older bikes. . . not to say that its not doable. i actually have a 1972 honda im someday going to build back up.

k i'll shut up now. :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
soooOoOoo when you getting a bike??

you leaning towards any model or brand??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts