Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I bought my new bike the other day, I've had a few before it but eventually hated all!!!
I have a CBR125R 06

I'm knew to customizing bikes, I understand engines but thats it. I know zilch about body work etc! I need some help!

I really hate sporty look, but knew they was the only to get a streetfighter.
The guy I bought it off had dropped it, and broken a few things such as indicators, mirrors, cracked fairings including where they screw in, that sorta thing.
I replaced the indicators with simple arrow ones for now.

Heres some pictures

I would love to change:
Head-light.
Remove fairings, without leaving all the little screw in pieces for them still. And possibly hiding the wires somehow?
Replace tail light & bend the seat up, also have the indicators in the actual light next to it?
Respraying can come after, the little things like handle grips etc just making it look pretty in the end can come last. I understand a little about painting and I'm fairly confident I can do it.

I have a low budget(£200 - $400), just want some advice on where to start guys, thanks!
Alex!

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Any chance of some daylight pictures?

Every one of us was new at some point. You'll get over it and realize you are always stumbling on things that are new to you. Then you'll realize everything is actually easier than you previously thought and continue to challenge yourself looking for the next difficult thing. Dozens of bikes later you'll realize the first one was probably you're favorite. ;)

Anyways, welcome to CF. Stay awhile and keep us updated on your progress.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any chance of some daylight pictures?

Every one of us was new at some point. You'll get over it and realize you are always stumbling on things that are new to you. Then you'll realize everything is actually easier than you previously thought and continue to challenge yourself looking for the next difficult thing. Dozens of bikes later you'll realize the first one was probably you're favorite. ;)

Anyways, welcome to CF. Stay awhile and keep us updated on your progress.
Thanks man! I absolutely love the idea of streetfighters, I was thinking of replacing the headlight first? and strapping all the wires to the exhaust underneath with a thick rubber coat then a foam lining but I'm worried about it melting?

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Thanks man! I absolutely love the idea of streetfighters, I was thinking of replacing the headlight first? and strapping all the wires to the exhaust underneath with a thick rubber coat then a foam lining but I'm worried about it melting?
Firstly, Welcome to CF!

Secondly, nice starting point...but DO NOT at any cost put wiring near your exhaust...lol. Especially if it is being coated in rubber/foam...
The easiest thing to do with wiring, if you are unsure, is to zip-tie it, and stuff it behind your frame, or near your battery box.

Try to avoid any of your wiring coming in contact with anything that will reach temperatures of 300 degrees, or more...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Dominator twins are a good choice. Even better if you upgrade the wiring to the lights and even more better with quality bulbs.

In the end, upgrades will depend on your taste and what you want your bike to be. Do what YOU like. If you are tight on cash then get the fairings off and sold, clean up the wiring, and work from there.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
You'll find that there will be 1,000 different opinions on CF. We will try our best to help in any way we can, but in the end you have to ride it.

That being said, Dominators are a great choice, IMO...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking that but considering the speedo has loads of little attatchments and may end up being a pain, I was thinking a new speedo too. Preferably one with a fuel gauge, as my bikes fuel injected.

I have 2 options:
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/kos..._gauges/db-01r-speedometer-e-mark-approval-4/

the expensive one or...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LCD-digit...chometer-Motorcycle-w-Backlight-/190765075838

the cheap one, I'm not too sure on speedos.

++ how do I fit headlights, any guides?

+ I think i'll get dominators, they look beast!

++ my headlight is built into my speedo btw

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Your best guide is to look at other members builds here...you see a hundred different ways to do one thing, and we'll all swear that our way is the best. Hahaha.

Just do a search in the search bar, delve into the forum, have fun, and ask questions...hahaha. but do your research first, or we'll charge you for "creative design" ;)

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
There is no, "One Size Fits All/Most" method...motorcycles/StreetFighters aren't condoms...lol

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
No worries bro...the best thing to do, is strip off allllllll the non essential parts, and just sit and stare at her...let the juices flow. It'll come to you...good luck, and we love pics on CF...so post em up as you tear it down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries bro...the best thing to do, is strip off allllllll the non essential parts, and just sit and stare at her...let the juices flow. It'll come to you...good luck, and we love pics on CF...so post em up as you tear it down.

Ok I will :) problem I have is it looks like the speedo is connect to the light lol

·
Denver's new dad
946 Posts
For speedos I really like my trailtech vapor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts