Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking here on and off for a little while, and now that I have my project set I figured I'd come into the light.
I'm in CO, near(ish) Denver, and I'm out riding just about every day... I drive my truck maybe once a month.
I have a 2003 Yamaha FZ-1 (which is for sale... shameless plug!) and a 2008 Busa, which is going to be the host for my project. The Busa belonged to a good friend of mine who laid it down going maybe 30mph in heavy traffic on the highway after a car cut her off. I was there, it was actually a pretty gentle fall relatively speaking, but of course... plastic isn't exactly a structurally sound material. SO, the left side plastics are cracked and scraped, but that's about it. The mirror and rider peg are the only damaged items that really matter, and I've already replaced the pegs and don't really care about the mirror. The tank has a nice dent in it too, but I'll be building a CF one and frankly I don't really care as it is.
I have a fabrication shop with a CAD/CNC plasma table, welders, punch stations, etc. AND I can work with composites (i.e. carbon fiber and fiberglass), so I'll be making just about everything myself.

Well, I guess you want pics...
(see attachments)

The FZ (the exhaust hanger bracket is a good example of what my plasma table and bending station can do).

The Busa.

The Endgame (going for basically this, but with more wind protection).

Attachments

·
squids.. sqids everywhere
241 Posts
Nice!!! I was planning on getting a Busa to streetfighter out, but decided to stick with fightering my r6. I like the direction u are wanting to go. This is my reference of how I wanted my naked Busa to look like. Pretty similar to where u wanting to go with yours. I'll be following this thread for sure. Best of luck with ur build... Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tat2highway that's pretty damn close... I have that one in my album of streetfighter'd Busas. That, the one I posted, and the RatFighter Busa are pretty much my top three that mine will be a combination of. The only thing I don't like on the one you posted is the tail.

·
squids.. sqids everywhere
241 Posts
Lol. See... That's why I favored that one. It's a r6 tail and Imma yamaholic till I die!!! But honestly... The Busa is prolly the only bike I think looks better with a tail that isn't off te r6. I really like the Gsxr tail swaps on the Busa. Maybe a bit played out in the slammed and stretched community, but I hardly ever see a Gsxr tail on a streetfighter Busa. Guess it's simply to generic of a choice for those who enjoy one offs...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't disagree with ya, I'm a big Yami fan... I'd have a new R1 if I could afford it, more conducive to the knee-down shit I like to do, but I wanted more power than the FZ (and fuel injection) and the Busa was too good of a deal to pass up. I just really don't like the bee stinger look that the tail gives it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts