Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm a 20 year old norwegian guy, planning to lurk around build threads looking for inspiration (stealing ideas :devil:) for my future long-term GSX1135 project. :) Hopefully gonna start this winter, but I'm joining the air force as a mechanic in March which means I won't be home for a year or so, and I don't know if I'll be able to do anything worth posting before that.

Sadly no pics of that bike, since it's still kinda buried in "useful" stuff in the back of my uncle's garage. But it's a 1985? gsx1100efe (named gs1150 in the US I think), it runs, but needs a full rebuild. The bike is a gift from my uncle, I've helped him a lot the last year, and he won't be able to finish it himself, because he has got uncurable cancer.
Here's some examples that's somewhat close to how I imagine the bike, dunno if it can be called a streetfighter?

Just to add a little résumé, I'm not new to bikes. I've owned a few through the years, started with mopeds at the age of 12 or so, but mostly dirtbikes and 125cc's. Nothing interesting judging by the standard of the few builds I've read through on here (BurtonF166's gsxr, Greencheezeeta's (rip) Z and the Kwikasfaki to mention some) but I have a Honda NSR125 which actually won "125cc of the year" on Norway's largest forum for 125's and mopeds back in 2012 :cool:

Won't be posting that here since it's not a streetfighter, but currently an ongoing project to get close to 40rwhp from the poor little thing, just for the hell of it :baseball:

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Welcome in mate, nice to see other northeners here! Has it snowed there yet? We got the first dose of the white stuff this weekend. And don't worry about the build, most of the projects here take a lot of time to complete, years even. And your bike will fit in nicely, if you browse a little as you have already you'll notice the peeps here are building streetfighters out of goldwings and viragos so your suzy will fit in quite nicely!

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in anda very merry xmas to ya matey ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to CF!

We do have a subforum for non streetfighter bikes you can post a build thread in. We like following along all types of builds.
Thanks! Might do that :)

I've got a thing for the air/oil cooled Suzuki's so get going with that build thread! :thumbsup:
So do I, especially liked the look of the engine :D I'm dying to start it aswell, just have to convert the first floor of my uncle's garage from messy storage facility to a proper workshop. :)

Welcome in mate, nice to see other northeners here! Has it snowed there yet? We got the first dose of the white stuff this weekend. And don't worry about the build, most of the projects here take a lot of time to complete, years even. And your bike will fit in nicely, if you browse a little as you have already you'll notice the peeps here are building streetfighters out of goldwings and viragos so your suzy will fit in quite nicely!
Thanks! We have a little snow, but today it rained away. I'm quite far south and at low altitude, so we don't get a lot of snow. And winters have been weird the last few years, it's usually 50cm of snow, but almost nothing the last couple of years..
Good to hear :) oh wow, that sounds like a proper challenge :p

welcome in anda very merry xmas to ya matey ;)
Thanks, you too! And a reminder for me that it's only a month until cristmas :O looks like presents are gonna be last-minute, panic-fueled purcases this year aswell :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Welcome in man, should be a strong beast when back up and going.

Reactions: Caaa95 and ROBBO

·
BLACK BELT
7,067 Posts
Wanted to see the photo. May be a small engine, but NSRs are bad ass. :rock:

Just to add a little résumé, I'm not new to bikes. I've owned a few through the years, started with mopeds at the age of 12 or so, but mostly dirtbikes and 125cc's. Nothing interesting judging by the standard of the few builds I've read through on here (BurtonF166's gsxr, Greencheezeeta's (rip) Z and the Kwikasfaki to mention some) but I have a Honda NSR125 which actually won "125cc of the year" on Norway's largest forum for 125's and mopeds back in 2012 :cool:

Won't be posting that here since it's not a streetfighter, but currently an ongoing project to get close to 40rwhp from the poor little thing, just for the hell of it :baseball:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wanted to see the photo. May be a small engine, but NSRs are bad ass. :rock:
Whoa, forgot I made this thread.. over 2 years, so much have happened in my life, but absolutely zero progress on the bikes :bawling:
Been using the tiny amount of garage time I've had on cars and friend's projects.

My uncle passed last summer and left me a 1981 gsx1100 aswell, considering fitting the 1150 engine in that.

Started at a university to get a Mechatronics engineering degree this summer, so doubt I'll have much time for bikes the next few years either :jpshakehead.sml:
At least got access to the "machine lab" at the University, as I'm one of quite few students here who are certified for machining, etc. Maybe that opens a door to some bike building.
Aaand messed up my shoulder pretty bad playing box-lacrosse (basically indoor lacrosse with ice-hockey levels of brutality), had surgery today, just 2 days after coming home from skiing holiday in Austria. Doctors said 6 month rehabilitation time, absolutely no bike riding this summer.

Yeah, the NSR is a cute little moped, had it since I was 16 :moped_mazeguy:
Theoretically, with what I've done to it so far, it could be somewhere near 40rwhp at 13-14k rpm, which would be interesting from a 125cc. (Huge amounts of porting, extensively lightened internals, programmable ignition, custom exhaust, etc, etc.) Also sourced some USD forks for it :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts