Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just got an 1995 JX600 Divvy for a crate of beer, don't get me wrong its not in best shape but doesn't need much to make run.
needs a new fuel pump and a good old carb clean and that's about it , so cant go wrong for £9 lol.

i love a good fighter so going to do it up,already got a single head light and put some led lights on if for my fuel light,neutral and fuel light.
want to jake up the arse end as well.:rock:

if any one has any tip or help please give me a shout.
:):):)

·
Doin Kustom werk with bro
81 Posts
Hey, look forward to seeing pics of your project soon!

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Welcome, a bike for less than a tenner? I wish.
Good luck,
Where are you ?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF....

Let's see some pics of what a case of beer can get you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bike as I go it. Stripped down took all the plastic off and changed all the plugs, filters, oil etc.
Cleaned all the carbs and fuel pump now it works fine.

Time to fighter it up .

Not bad for £9

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
All the direct bolt in shocks that you see on hte XJ's only lift the tail a tiny bit.

I threw a CBR 600 F4 shock on mine, i had to reduce the bolt holes on the XJ frame from 12mm to 10mm, make up some spacers to center the bottom of the shock as its thinner than the XJ bottom mount was and had to fit a longer sidestand.

The result is, at 6 foot 2 my feet aren't quite flat on the floor.

Yer, Yer, Yer, i know, shes not a streetfighter anymore but compare how high your wheel sits into your wheel arch then compare it too mine and you'll see its realy jacked up, and handles 1000 times better than the factory shock.

*EDIT*

Back in the days when she was naked with the CBR shock on

Have you checked out WWW.XJRIDER.COM yet??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts