Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would throw out some pics and get some feedback or ideas.

The bike doesn't fit into any particular category perfectly, and if I do it right, never will. Starting point is a stock but for paint 1980 Honda Hawk (CB400T). Anyways, here are the pics!

Stock:

Cafe iteration:

Making the solo seat:

Mockup:

Headlight:

New seat covered:

:shocker:

Still waiting on some pod filters in the mail and picking up some steel to mock up exhaust tomorrow. Also working on closing off the back of the seat, adding an LED taillight and some aluminum between the rear frame rails to block mud/water/garbage from being flung into the electrics (have been moved to under the seat.)

Thoughts? Especially on handlebars, what would look best? Clipons, Superbikes, different drags?

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Thats fookin awsome mate ,wotta grate transformation !Nice job on makin yer new seat and coverin it fer sure ..Jus my OP but I woud try a set of dirt bars ta see how it looked ,ya may be well pleased;)

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome, pretty slick bike.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

I stumbled across another bar idea last night. I still have a set of clubmans just sitting around, and I recalled seeing Loudbike before:

He mounted his bars by taking the riser and bolting it under the top tree, and then the clubmans just fit around the fork legs with enough clearance to turn (he had to channel part of the bar for the neck.)

Im headed over to the pole barn today to try it out and see how it looks/if it works on this bike.

If it fails I am going to look into dirt bars, I like the clipon suggestion, but I dont think I can find fair priced 33mm clipons :/

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, no luck on the bars mounted ^^ that way.

Tossed on a 7/8 drag bar and extended the exhaust a foot on both sides along with slant cut tips.

Exhaust to be clamped and painted high temp black.

Working on finishing the tail today.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
does it do wheelies?

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does it do wheelies?

Lol, somewhat surprisingly yes, or at least it did stock, I haven't had it running since the pods and exhaust setup.

If we get it tuned and running properly it should be fun, mustve shaved 30 lbs or more off it between wiring, gauges, seat trimming, cutting the frame, lopping off the mufflers and crossover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts