Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, just making this post to say hello and possibly get some advice.
I've just moved up from a little 2 stroke Aprilia 125 Tuono which decided to stop pumping oil and inevitably melted and scraped the bore to shit.

So i turned 19 last year but haven't got round to getting a big bike until now, going to Manchester during the week to do a swap, my bike for a GSX400X.

Not the nicest looking bike as standard but i doubt i'd get a better deal for a swap so i'm going for it. I'd love to do some work to this bike including a rear fairing/subframe conversion but i can't really find much on these bikes and i lack knowledge in fabrication and modifying frames.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in mate,checkout tha members project threds .Lottsa ideas there .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, liking the website already, absolutely love the streetfighter/custom bike scene, great seeing so many unique bikes in one place

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is that a "grey import" ? Not an official UK bike ?

I remember there used to be a Grey Import mag and forum for the more unusual stuff that got imported into the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, yes it is a grey import, had a look on a 400 grey bike forum, there's a few threads on the bike but they are really uncommon compared to most of the other 400's that got imported. Luckily the electronics and engine come from the gsxr 400 which is quite a common imported bike in the UK. I've seen a picture on a German forum of one with a different rear end (early cbr 600rr tail unit i believe) with an underseat exhaust. I guess i'll know more once i pick it up on Thursday :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That depends on your definition of cool, although it doesn't look that great standard, this bike is a bit of a pocket rocket, 59bhp weighing at 153kg dry according to the web, it's gonna be a nice jump from my 25bhp 2 stroke 125 :LolLolLolLol:

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
big day tomorrow mate GL hope all pans out wel for ya :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts