Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm 24yo and i'm from Québec. I got a FJ1200 1986 that i i'm turning into a streetfighter. It is the fist bike a build so give me a chance please haha

When i got it :

And now...

And this one just for you :

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys

Today i,ve wrapped my exhaust, it looks a lot better like that.

What it looked like before :

And now....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will also get a complete rear end from a yzf1000 thunderace next week. Swingarm, wheel and tire, shock, sprocket and caliper. This is what it look like on a fj1200, i really like it!! Hope you will like it too.

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
Is your bike lowered? In the first picture it looks like the tail/rear fender/subframe is really close to the tire, especially with no one on it. Maybe it's just the angle, though.

Nice job with the wrapping.
And that swingarm will look nice and beefy, I like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it is the stock height, it is porbably just the picture that make it look lowered. And thanks for the wrapping it was the first the i am using it and i am really happy with the result.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi;
I just started a FJ1200 project. Your's is really well done. I have some questions:

Where did you place the cdi unit?
Do you need to make any tuning for pod air filters?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi;
I just started a FJ1200 project. Your's is really well done. I have some questions:

Where did you place the cdi unit?
Do you need to make any tuning for pod air filters?

Thanks
Hi, my CDI unit is still on the battery rack but I moved it foward just behind the pods filters. You can see it in the pic above.

This is what it looked like summer 2015 :

This is what I am working on this winter :

I will also lower my stock clip ons under the triple and change my headlight for a 7inch round spot and small round mirrors under clip ons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts