Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long term reader of this forum, but decided it was time to join.

I've been a biker since the mid 90s, riding mostly sport tourers, but I always loved supermotos - but they were never fast enough!

My current ride is a 97 Fireblade, which is going StreetFighter slowly.

It looked like this a few years ago
https://goo.gl/photos/Resk6ER6AvEgRZ2r6

Today it looks like this

I know its almost like a parody of a streetfighter, but I think that is what I want.

Would love to get some feedback

There is a lot of work to do, and I have some previous pics of the work until now, so may build a thread about it - again, depends on feedback

Hope to learn something from you guys - the bikes on here are awesome! ;)

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in mate ,ya have a blade king closeby you over there as in Yantosh'

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I like me a fireblade :)

I did a similar tail once on the stock subframe. Fit surprisingly well. You can use the matching 929 seat but you'll need to trim the front. I stuck an m6 screw through the subframe but a rivnut would make it proper. I never did bother to recover the seat right either.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like me a fireblade :)

I did a similar tail once on the stock subframe. Fit surprisingly well. You can use the matching 929 seat but you'll need to trim the front. I stuck an m6 screw through the subframe but a rivnut would make it proper. I never did bother to recover the seat right either.

I have to thank you for your write up of the rear tail - I read it a lot as I was trying to do mine, although I feel I only did a half measure. I am thinking about fitting a 929 rear seat instead of the solo 918 seat replacement cover thing I've got.

I'll get back to finishing the back properly as soon as the front is finished.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I did it all those years ago as I just wanted a slightly more modern tail. I reckon a small tail is tricky to make work together with the big tank. Plus it's a blade with. Blade tail and it still has a place for your sandwiches!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts